Seeking final Mavanix artwork!

As I work to completely finish up the House Mavanix wiki entry, I find myself still lacking a couple pieces of artwork to go with it. Sadly, the original artists who started the project are no longer active in the game and/or RP community. So I need someone else who may feel generous enough to put together the last bits. To view the styling of the current images, you can check out the wiki entries here: http://www.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/i ... se_Mavanix

Anyone is free to post up their versions here. I'll just take whatever I get and/or what fits the best. Here's what I'm looking for:

--Julius Mavanix: Short blond hair, somewhat charming looking. The rest of the details are up to the artist.

--Cartius Mavanix: Looks like below picture. Click spoiler tag. I may just use this image if no art for him comes to light.

[spoil]CartiusMavanix.jpg[/spoil]

--Elza Ashfen: See below picture. Hair is indigo colored by the way, in case the lighting doesn't reflect that well.

[spoil]FFXIV_1318120031.jpg[/spoil]

--Others, if desired: While no others are -needed-, anyone feeling motivated to do so can feel free to create portraits of any of the myriad of other Mavanix members if they so wish. I often fear asking for any art of Kylin because nobody ever can get it satisfactory for him for some reason xD. I'd also like a fancy family tree, but it's not a necessity. I can always use a simple text format for that if needed.

Thanks in advance!

My style is pretty different (and I'm not fond of colouring), but I could give it a crack. Small portraits like the existing ones are pretty quick to crank out.

Actually, if you want to keep a unified look, I can probably redraw all of them. As a bonus, my style is a lot closer to the official promotional/concept art for the game than what you've got. But that's something to think about after I do the ones you're missing. :jump:

I can adjust Cartius, no probs. It's mostly unintended side-effect of trying to show his age. I think thickening his neck at the back slightly should do wonders. In fact, I know it does because I just did so and it has. ;)

Just gonna refine the pencils a little and fix/add some detail and they should be ready for colours. Fortunately the official art style uses really flat colours, so that's easy.

Oh, by the way, does the House have a crest? If you've got one, I'd like to put it on Julius' shoulder. If not, I can work with you on one.

Any thoughts? Maybe something in the colours of Ul'dah's crest, but featuring an emblem with particular resonance for something in the family's early history?

Here's a quick list of potential subjects I could pick out: Mining equipment, flames, the Soulfire Apparatus, a star (representing their connection to House Felstar). Actually, I could combine them all, using a stylised mining pick with detailed engravings reminiscent of the Apparatus, surrounded by flames and with a small star as a minor detail.

I'm pretty open to anything to be honest. I'd rather not spend /too/ much time planning something as small as a crest considering it will be slightly irrelevant after Saturday's event save for historical context xD. I like the idea of using a combination of a mining pick, the apparatus, and flames. Anything related to House Felstar likely wouldn't be used though due to early complications between the two houses (IE: Anabelle's affair with Juravis).

• 4 months later...

*cough*

So yeah. I did keep working on this, but kept getting dissatisfied with one little bit or another and eventually ditched it in frustration. Then I got into a cycle of avoiding it making me feel bad which made me avoid it more and gaaaaaahhhhh and I stopped playing on top of all that.

But! I'm looking at it again and I think I can finish the ones I started. And I've taken a stab at drawing Kylin too.

XvnZB.jpg

Something like this, I think? (Ignore his eyes, they are giving me so much trouble, but I WILL get them to look right.)

Given up on the crest though.