By the Campfire (Open Free for all)

Locale: The Black Shroud

Time: Nearing Sunset

Weather: Fair

A fairly simple campsite was set up in a space between trees and near the bank of one of the many streams that cut through the Black Shroud. A fire pit was already dug, with the logs in place and ringed with rocks. Not far from the fire a simple lean-to was set up, canvas and poles tied together to provide a degree of shelter with a bedroll spread out.

There was plenty of space for more tents, from the simple to the extravagant to be set up, and space for bigger fires and such, but at the moment it was just this basic start of a camp site beneath the boughs of the Twelves woods. A new, peaceful place for travelers to stop off and talk, and meet, and part, maybe with new friends, or new enemies.

Aiswynd settles down on the bank of the stream and casts his hook and bait out. Nearby, a coeurl kitten and a wyvern are curled up together sleeping away on his bedroll, and staked down nearby is a Rhotano blue chocobo in a skull mask and black cloak chomping away on Gysahl Greens.

He shifts and recasts his lure, "It's a pretty quiet day at least..." he looks up at the sky and smiles, "I can probably catch a few for dinner before it gets dark."

Dacein was currently wandering around the Shroud, taking in the sites and sounds of the forest. He paused and closed his eyes for a moment, inhaled deeply, the smell of the damp soil and the scented smell of wild flowers filled his nostrils, a gentle breeze fluttered the dark hair hanging down in front of his forehead.

The wind whisked around loose threads of the casual shirt he was sporting, the breeze ever so gently causing the sword at his side to sway slightly. It was not that he was expecting trouble, but being new to the area he thought it best to take precautions.

"This forest is almost therapeutic" he mumbles to himself. He thinks back to the previous nights encounter with the young Elezen woman he had met with the previous night, a soft smile spreads across his face "I'm assuming her offer to show me the sites have no been revoked" he chuckled softly. With a quick shake of his head he shook the memory of her from his mind and reflected back at his flight on the airship earlier that morning had been cancelled, freeing his time for all that day and into the next morning.

He would open his eyes and stroll further into the forest where he would encounter a small river and follow it upstream to see where it led. I hadn't gone far when he spotted the Au Ra fishing on the back. He stopped in his tracks and studied the man. Au Ra and Ishgardians were usually not that friendly towards each other, and even he himself were not that found of them. Still though, the man was fishing and that was something Dacein very much enjoyed doing.

Cautiously he would approach the man, walking loud enough to alert the man of his presence before raising a hand slowly as to show no ill will and would speak "Hello Sir, have we any luck today?" he would then unbuckle the sword and lean it against the rugged trunk of a tall tree, it was there if he needed it, but hopefully disarming himself would set the man at ease of being approached by a foreigner.

Aiswynd tilts his head as the Elezen man approached, hearing him before the unbuckling of a weapon, "The fish are biting decently well. I'd share but..." he eyes the man for a moment, almost as if he was about to decline on basis of Au Ra and Ishgardian, "You look like you know your way around a fishing rod so you probably don't need a hand out." he laughs lightly.

He motions to the empty camp site, and the multitude of space, "Ishgard by the accent, don't fret." he pulls out a badge, showing that he was a member of the Skysteel Manufactory, "I'm not an enemy, might not be friend, but I am not your foeman." he pulls the hook out and sighs, "Got away." he mutters before casting into the water again after re-baiting the hook.

"Yes you would be correct, Ishgard blood through and through, as my Fathers before me" he replies with a nod of his head as the man shows the badge to him "I know a way around a pole, but never had the experience to do so in Gridania, this being my 1st time to this part of Eorzea. I doubt I will have much free time after today seeing as I'm headed back tomorrow."

He sat down and leaned back against the tall tree closing his eyes he tilted his head to the sky, basking in the remaining rays of the sun that was filtering thru the trees.

"This forest is a far cry from Ishgard" he pauses as if deep in thought before continuing "So what brings you out here, is the fishing that good or are the just passing thru?"

The line returns again without a fish, the bait is still on the line this time, "A little of a, a little of b, and a little of c." he comments and smiles at Dacein. He shifts his head, popping his neck as he does so, "It is a far cry...but it is all a far cry from the Steppes of Othard, but in a nice way, plenty of food, plenty of cover." he laughs a little bit.

After a few moments he really answers the question, "I used to work for the Adders before I joined Skysteel, and the few friends I have are either here or in Ul'dah, I just work for the Skysteel, and learn about machines." he chuckles lightly, "I was in Ul'dah not long ago so...I was passing through, but I was here on purpose...I'm also in no rush."

Rihxo's tail waved about in some kind of nervous excitement as she wandered her way through the Shroud. Maybe she should've checked her map again on the way to Gridania, but this was certainly more enthralling than following a road. And besides, she'd figure things out. Probably.

Her ears perked as she noticed a little campsite in the distance. "Ooooh! Maybe I can ask someone there for directions," she said, a big smile on her face. Thinking out loud, apparently. She'd make her way over to the site slowly, noticing two figures sitting by the bank. Rihxo walked up happily, a sweet little smile on her face. "Hi there!" She'd give a little wave to the two before folding her hands in front of her. "Sorry if I'm interrupting you or anything. Do you know the way to Gridania from here? I'm not familiar with the forest."

((EDIT: I don't know how to read apparently))

"I see, well having ties to Ishgard is reason enough for us to look over our racial differences as I'm sure we have both already considered them *he would let out a soft chuckle before continuing....Well I've only arrived fo......" he stops upon being interrupted

"Oh hello there" he responded, looking up to the approaching Miqo'te, studying her intently wondering where she came from. He ponders her question before slowly replying. "In fact, I'm not entirely sure where we currently are, I simply followed the river upstream, so apart from telling you travel downstream, I am a bit lost myself. Perhaps our friend here knows the way" he needs at the Au Ra fishing on the bank

"Oh, okay. That's fine! Thanks for the suggestion, though. I'll probably stop for the night soon anyway, since it's almost sunset..." Rihxo would yawn, ears flicking a bit.

"Oh! I should mention, my name is Rihxo. Rihxo Matoi!" She'd give another one of those sweet smiles. "It's super nice to meet you both. What're your names?" As she spoke, she'd open up a bag at her hip, taking out a little tin of pearl chocolates, popping one in her mouth. That must've been one of the sources of the scent she gave off - a faint one of chocolate and candy in general.

"Oh, okay. That's fine! Thanks for the suggestion, though. I'll probably stop for the night soon anyway, since it's almost sunset..." Rihxo would yawn, ears flicking a bit.

"Oh! I should mention, my name is Rihxo. Rihxo Matoi!" She'd give another one of those sweet smiles. "It's super nice to meet you both. What're your names?" As she spoke, she'd open up a bag at her hip, taking out a little tin of pearl chocolates, popping one in her mouth. That must've been one of the sources of the scent she gave off - a faint one of chocolate and candy in general.

Well she's an energetic one - he thinks to himself, "The name is Dacein Vallerimonte, amd this is" he'd motion to the man fishing and pause for a few seconds "I'm afraid I didn't catch your name"

He would glance up into the sky after speaking "Yes, evening does seem to he falling fast. You say you are not familiar with the forest. Same as I then. What brings you to Gridania?"

((2 things. Is anyone besides me having a hard time of not cracking a Miqo'te and fishing joke, and I apologize for any misspellings, using my phone now))

Well she's an energetic one - he thinks to himself, "The name is Dacein Vallerimonte, amd this is" he'd motion to the man fishing and pause for a few seconds "I'm afraid I didn't catch your name"

He would glance up into the sky after speaking "Yes, evening does seem to he falling fast. You say you are not familiar with the forest. Same as I then. What brings you to Gridania?"

((2 things. Is anyone besides me having a hard time of not cracking a Miqo'te and fishing joke, and I apologize for any misspellings, using my phone now))

"It's super nice to meet you, Dacein!" Rihxo's one emerald eye would flit upwards, and now she'd look up to the sky as the sun was setting. "I'm here to visit the Archer's Guild. I trained under my parents with my bow-" she'd gesture to the bow on her back- "-but I figured it can't hurt to visit the guild, either." She'd look back down to the bank and take a seat next to Dacein, leaning back on her arms and looking at the sky. "The sunset's so pretty tonight."

((Ironically... Rihxo doesn't know how to fish. :^)

Also you're good, I mistype things and I'm on my computer...))

"Ahh the bow, tis a fine choice, one requiring patience and timing, not to mention a natural affinity to it."

He looks back up into the sky as well, "Yes, indeed it is. Normally I am not afforded the time to relax and admire my surroundings. This is a rare treat indeed, a rare treat.

He would prop his hands behind his head and look up into the sky, almost as if he had lost himself in them

"Hee hee, you make it sound so formal. I really just aim, pull back, and let it fly. I'm better with people than my weapon, probably."

She'd sigh contentedly, her fluffy tail swishing about gently. "I don't usually get to watch the sunset like this. I'm normally in the Quicksand talking to people." She'd go quiet for the moment, letting her words sink in. "Not that I mind though," she'd add quickly.

Rihxo would sit up and pull her hair out of its usual braid, pulling it into a messy bun. She'd then pop another chocolate in her mouth before holding the tin out to Dacein. "Want one? They're super tasty!"

"Hee hee, you make it sound so formal. I really just aim, pull back, and let it fly. I'm better with people than my weapon, probably."

She'd sigh contentedly, her fluffy tail swishing about gently. "I don't usually get to watch the sunset like this. I'm normally in the Quicksand talking to people." She'd go quiet for the moment, letting her words sink in. "Not that I mind though," she'd add quickly.

Rihxo would sit up and pull her hair out of its usual braid, pulling it into a messy bun. She'd then pop another chocolate in her mouth before holding the tin out to Dacein. "Want one? They're super tasty!"

"The Quicksand, I must admit I am rather not fond of the place"

He would stop and consider her request before reach his hand to hers to receive one.

"Yes, it would be rather nice to sit and admire, to drink in the smells sites and sounds of evenings such as this. But alas, the world has other things in mind"

He would let out a long sight, one that would sound of emotional pain then of being tired.

"We're you born in Uldah?"

((Work happened, it's a thing unfortunately but I am back!))

Aiswynd glances up, having apparently lost himself to the fishing for a bit, pulling the hook out, this time a fish attached to the line. He struggles only a bit before he gets a hold of it and with a snap, the fish is no longer moving before being deposited into a water basket next to him. He smiles at the two of them and blinks as he looks at the Miqo'te.

"Oh hello, sorry I didn't notice you arrive." he closes his eyes for a moment, "But I did hear, we're actually south of Gridania, so you haven't quite gotten lost, but I wouldn't go wandering too much this late, the Ixal don't come around this part of the shroud much but...you'll be crossing the edges of their territory before you get to Gridania and that's best in daylight when you can see them too."

((*trips* SORRY FOR MY LATE REPLY HNNG.))

Rihxo smiled as he took a chocolate. As she closed the tin, placing it in her lap, she'd first address the Au Ra who had spoken up. "Hi there! I'm not sure if you heard me earlier, but my name's Rihxo. As for getting the rest of the way to Gridania, I'll be stopping for the night anyway. Thanks for the advice, though!" She'd turn her attention back to Dacein.

"Actually, no, I was born in Limsa Lominsa! We still live there, me and my three sisters - Rhoxi, Ratoh, and Rahwa. They're probably whipping up something sweet like these chocolates for when I get back." She'd pause for a second. "Oh, those chocolates are homemade, by the way. We all love baking, making sweets - so that's what we do. It's a little taste of home, y'know?"

(( Gave 'em time to post, moving along then!))

Aiswynd nods his head to Rihxo, "I'm Aiswynd, nice to meet you Rihxo, no siblings I know of heh." he smiles a bit as he turns his gaze back to the fishing rod for a bit before bringing the whole thing in. He stands up and dusts himself off a bit, "I'm from Othard myself, although I've spent time in Limsa, usually when I go back it's for more training as a Culinarian."

He carries the basket to the fire and sets up a makeshift spit over it, "Rihxo, would you like any fish? Fresh as they are?" he smiles at her, "And I'll be sure to look you all up when I'm in Limsa for some chocolates."

((Sorry! Got busy and forgot!))

Dacein pops the chocolate mint into his mouth, slowly savoring the sweet little morsel "I believe this may be the most perfect chocolate mint I've yet to taste. Surely an old family recipe, I wonder?" he would pause for a minute, enjoying the last of the chocolate piece before wiping his mouth with a small linen fetched from his back pocket.

"I did not expect to find such a delectable treat this far south no, usually I find Ishgardian foods to be of higher quality but this was certainly pleasant. Have you and your sister thought of turning it into an enterprise? If so I shall soon place an order"

He would turn back to Aiswynd "I do appreciate the warning but I simply must be back to Gridania tonight for I return to my duties in Ishgard within 2 days.

He reached around the tree and took the sword and sheath in his hands and gently withdrew the sword. "Best not to go unprepared however" he'd say with a smile while removing a small sharpening stone and an oily scented liquid he'd coat the blade with before putting the stone to it.

(( Gave 'em time to post, moving along then!))

Aiswynd nods his head to Rihxo, "I'm Aiswynd, nice to meet you Rihxo, no siblings I know of heh." he smiles a bit as he turns his gaze back to the fishing rod for a bit before bringing the whole thing in. He stands up and dusts himself off a bit, "I'm from Othard myself, although I've spent time in Limsa, usually when I go back it's for more training as a Culinarian."

He carries the basket to the fire and sets up a makeshift spit over it, "Rihxo, would you like any fish? Fresh as they are?" he smiles at her, "And I'll be sure to look you all up when I'm in Limsa for some chocolates."

((Sorry! Got busy and forgot!))

Dacein pops the chocolate mint into his mouth, slowly savoring the sweet little morsel "I believe this may be the most perfect chocolate mint I've yet to taste. Surely an old family recipe, I wonder?" he would pause for a minute, enjoying the last of the chocolate piece before wiping his mouth with a small linen fetched from his back pocket.

"I did not expect to find such a delectable treat this far south no, usually I find Ishgardian foods to be of higher quality but this was certainly pleasant. Have you and your sister thought of turning it into an enterprise? If so I shall soon place an order"

He would turn back to Aiswynd "I do appreciate the warning but I simply must be back to Gridania tonight for I return to my duties in Ishgard within 2 days.

He reached around the tree and took the sword and sheath in his hands and gently withdrew the sword. "Best not to go unprepared however" he'd say with a smile while removing a small sharpening stone and an oily scented liquid he'd coat the blade with before putting the stone to it.

Rihxo smiled, blushing slightly. She wasn't used to this sort of praise, even about her chocolates. "Thank you both so much! To be honest, we have been considering doing something like that. But we all want to get better with things before we go off running a business." She'd giggle lightly. "In any case, please come find us in the Wench next time you're in Limsa! We all look very similar, so don't worry about finding us, hee hee."

She'd look up at Aiswynd. "I'm okay for now. I've been kind of sort of snacking the whole time I was out wandering." 'Kind of sort of' probably meant 'definitely' in this case, but... well, whatever, right?

"Perhaps I shall do that" he muttered under his breath. He had answered her reply but he seemed to be preoccupied with his weapon at the moment, the slow etching of stone on steel vibrated through the night.

He would look over to her a few minutes later and with a smile he'd say "So you are from Limsa. Interesting. The lands and waters of cutthroats and pirates is it not?"

he would quickly drop the smile from his face and level his sword at her with a stern look on his eyes "You are not a pirate, are you?" he asked continuing to glare at her down the blade of his sword.

A split second later he would crack a smile to help her understand he was only joking.

For a time he was lost in thought, gently setting up the fish, seasoning them carefully after filleting and deboning them. He sets them upon spits over the fire, and keeps his focus on the food.

Aiswynd looks up from the fish as he rotates them so they cook evenly, "Pirate?" he then looks to Rihxo as well, "You're outside of the territory of the Rogues here, but...I wouldn't be pirating all the same." he smiles as he looks back at the fish, his tail swishing a bit, "Never know where there's an Adder lurking about and some of them used to be part of the Rogues guild." he hums a bit, his tone almost innocent sounding.

Rihxo's one eye widened as there was suddenly a blade right in front of her face. Immediately her tail fluffed up considerably. She'd let out a sigh of relief when she was Dacein's face crack a smile. "Oh, gods, you scared me for a second! But no. I'm not a pirate. Pirates are, generally, not known for their chocolate-making skills. I think. They aren't, right?"

She'd blink a couple times before shaking her head. Her tail swished about anxiously, but she seemed to have calmed a bit. Her ear flicked, and she looked over at Aiswynd. "I suppose you're right on that, but the rogue's guild isn't -always- bad. I've thought about picking something up from them, too." She'd shrug a shoulder before popping a chocolate in her mouth, emerald eye studying at the two men curiously.

He would chuckle at the effect he's had on her, her tail fluffed, eyes widened, a sigh of relief to know that she wasn't about to get ran through. He'd reply "And are pirates not capable of more than pillaging?" he'd tease with a smile.

His appearance would turn a bit more somber and he'd reply "But alas, it would matter not to me what cause you derive yourself from. Whatever happens out of Ishgard is no cause of concern for me. I have a cause to strive for, and it would not be pertaining to dealing with pirates, unless excepting the fact you were to step into Ishgard soil"

He would put his blade back into it's sheath and lean it up against the tree and stow away the oil and the sharpening stone back into the pocket from hence it was retrieved. Leaning onto his back and pulling his knees to his chest close he'd suddenly arch his back and effortlessly spring off the ground in a half front flip. he'd brush his back off with his hand and straighten his clothes. Peering out into the now darkening forest he'd contemplate leaving but the fire was to inviting. He'd walk over and sit cross legged in front of the fire and look to Aiswynd...

"Would you mind if I bothered you for a fish? I have the gil or perhaps could offer a turn at the spit?"

((Quoted the part that pertains to me so the conversation will be easier to follow))

Aiswynd thinks for a few moments and shakes his head slowly, "I was not saying that the rogues were bad...They tend to hunt down pirates and...they like to be all over." he smiles warmly at the pair before rotating the fish a bit.

There was a few moments of silence and then he heard the Elezen's question. He doesn't answer right away, he holds one fish up after another before taking one up and snapping it towards Dacein, "This one is done." he laughs a little bit, "No, I suspected if I made a camp near a heavily traveled road, people would come, and they would be hungry...so I gathered fish for people to eat."

"Well, looks like you got what you expected, huh? Dacein and I came, heheh." Rihxo stood up now, reaching her arms above her head to stretch. She'd grab her tin of chocolates and pop one in her mouth before moving to join the two men by the fire. "I'm pretty glad I ran into you two. I'd probably still be wandering if I didn't!"