Hello

Dilanlius

Hey all, I'm a new player on Balmung ,and to the game in general, and I wanted to start RP. My next step will be finding out what a linkshell is and how to get into a Free Company.

--MMORPG background

WoW, TSW and SWG

--RP experience

A little, I play D&D regularly and the last time I did it in a MMO was with SWG, around 08.

--Character ideas/info

Nothing much right now, testing the waters because I saw some people RPing and it seemed fun, felt like reaching out to the larger community.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Reddit

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Medium? I stay true to character once I get into it. But right now I've got nothing as I only really found out about a larger roleplaying community today.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Obviously a D&D player, lots of anime and MTG too. Currently in University and working part time so my schedule is messy and inconsistent.

How's it going man? Well, on this end it's pretty early in the morning and going great! I'd like to take a moment and welcome you to this wonderful site. I'm a bit new to it myself, but I assure you this place is very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable.  If you need any help, or have a question feel free to hit me up, and like I tell everyone; If I can't find an answer, I'll find someone who can.  Anyways enjoy your time here, and I hope to see you around!

They're also pretty much used for just about anything, some Free Companies, especially ones that focus on RP will use them as their In Character link channel, or out of character and have FC chat be in character. I go with Free Company is OOC (just from experiences, that tends to be the easiest method) and have a Link Shell for IC communications

Also welcome and well met! If you have questions plenty to here are deeply knowledgeable about all aspects of FF14 so don't ever hesitate to ask!