[Balmung] Tailor or Seamstress

Dadarupo Boborupo is a Weaver and tailor for Whyte Contrivances and in affiliation with the Weavers Guild.

He is -not- cheap by any means, but is an exceptionally fine tailor. He specializes in damask, and has even managed to devise a way to place stable arcanima in his products for those elite and exclusive customers. Oh, but you didn't hear that from me.

Dadarupo Boborupo is a Weaver and tailor for Whyte Contrivances and in affiliation with the Weavers Guild.

He is -not- cheap by any means, but is an exceptionally fine tailor. He specializes in damask, and has even managed to devise a way to place stable arcanima in his products for those elite and exclusive customers. Oh, but you didn't hear that from me.

I'd be happy to come RP speaking to you, but Sana isn't overflowing in gil in any way, RP or game-wise at all. lol

I'd be happy to come RP speaking to you, but Sana isn't overflowing in gil in any way, RP or game-wise at all. lol

Dadarupo is glad to snub poor people that request commissions any day. I'm porting him over from Mateus tonight!

Rini would be glad to make something for you. She wouldn't know what to charge, and if your character is obviously poor she has a bad habit of giving away services for free.

*Lalafell laugh*

"Fool! Why, the very idea of not turning profit I- I couldn't possibly conceive of such a disgraceful thing."

*throws a bobbin of silk thread at Rini*

"That's fine thread. Make it into something and sell it. Or you can hang yourself with it."

*hairflip*

I find I have a disconnect between trying to figure out a good cost to pay when it's RP, general in-game markets, or the NPC vendor costs.

Also, I'll RP with anyone who wants to spend some time talking clothes really. Doesn't have to come to a final deal (yes Sana is pretty broke I think in the relative terms of money people seem to have!)

Rini would be glad to make something for you. She wouldn't know what to charge, and if your character is obviously poor she has a bad habit of giving away services for free.

*Lalafell laugh*

"Fool! Why, the very idea of not turning profit I- I couldn't possibly conceive of such a disgraceful thing."

*throws a bobbin of silk thread at Rini*

"That's fine thread. Make it into something and sell it. Or you can hang yourself with it."

*hairflip*

*Rini is whacked in the back of her head by the thread*

*She whines and rubs her head, looking back at him with her lip poking out and a scowl on her face.*

"Don't prey on the poor!"

*She takes a mythril nugget from her Goldsmith pouch and lobs at Vyce*

It depends on the material and the tier and the item being made and the quality and the merchant selling it.

You can make it any price you want, really. As long as it feels right to you.

Dadarupo would likely charge eh...up to a few hundred thousand gil for a masterpiece.

Think about it: You could get a T-shirt at Wal Mart for a $7, or you can get a Tshirt a Nieman Marcus for $700

It depends on the material and the tier and the item being made and the quality and the merchant selling it.

You can make it any price you want, really. As long as it feels right to you.

Dadarupo would likely charge eh...up to a few hundred thousand gil for a masterpiece.

Think about it: You could get a T-shirt at Wal Mart for a $7, or you can get a Tshirt a Nieman Marcus for $700

From what I have seen, people take gil prices at different weights. Some consider 70 gil to be the equivalent to 70 dollars, basing it off food prices. Some consider 700 to be 70 dollars, and some consider 7,000, etc etc. I think a few hundred thousand is more the price of our actual market since Rini sells music boxes for 50,000 OOC. As nice as they are, I would only expect a music box to go for maybe 500 actual gil...But I guess you could also consider how much gil does a person carry on them at one time...Like, would it be normal for anyone to carry more than 100 at a time? Is there different forms of currency as in 5s, 10s, 20s, etc. If it is singular, you can imagine how heavy the pouch would be to carry 100,000 pieces of gil.

<.< Could probably make a whole thread on this.

Lots to speculate, but I imagine you would compare it to the price NPCs sell. He has a point of spending $20 for a shirt at Walmart and 200-400 in a designer store, even possibly $2000 if it was a famous designer. But still, if that was the case, and a normal shirt was 700 gil, all you would do is add the 0s. Cheap being 700, designer, 70,000, top of the line, 700,000. Which surprising, looks like our AH on a lot of outfits...Of course if the cheap shirt was 70 it would significantly lower the price by a digit. Still something that can get confusing!