Just another new face

Delminamarie

Hey guys, just another new person saying hello. Just recently got pulled into this game by a friend and after about a week of playing started looking for the RP community. Glad I found this site! 

--MMORPG background

My first major MMORPG was Star Trek Online, started playing about three years ago. I also played SW The Old Republic and still play it occasionally So while I'm no expert at the games, I know enough to at least have the basics. I am always open to advice from those who know more, and look forward to experiencing everything this game has to offer. 

--RP experience

I first started RPing back in STO as a way to cure writer's block, got hooked, and never looked back. When a friend from there went over to SWTOR, I followed. There I got my first experience of guild RP, and spent countless hours RPing with all sorts of people. From the paragraph writers to the people who don't know what punctuation is, I've RPed with them all.

--Character ideas/info

I was thinking of using my normal RP character "Delmina Andurin," since she goes with me to every single game and was the toon that got RPing in the first place. I am aware, however, that the name may not fall within proper naming for a Hyur Midlander. My knowledge of lore is very minimal and I don't want to be seen as a lore breaker for using a non lore friendly name. Though I hope to use it if possible.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Stumbled on this site while poking around to try and find the majority of the RP community.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

As much as I'd love to be a heavy roleplayer, I have a job with a rather unpredictable schedule that keep me away for the good part of a couple days at a time. That being said, I tend to prefer RP over OOC activities(dungeons, etc.), though I understand they are an essential part of the game and have no issues participating in them. So I would say light to medium for now.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Nothing really interesting about me to tell. I'm young (early twenties) and a little on the shy side, but very friendly if approached. I work at McDonalds (reason for my wacky work shifts), and write short stories in my free time. I live in the United States (Eastern Time), and have Canadian blood in my veins. (Go Bluejays! ^^) I'd be more than happy to meet any of you guys, and I look forward to spending time time with y'all.

*waves*

Welcome to the RPC!!

If you are looking for a good place to start on lore there are quite a few resources. First I would suggest THIS POST and look up your race history. Up at the top of the page is a link to the wiki which has a timeline going up to the beginning events of A Realm Reborn. 

While some folks are super stickler for lore I've found that most are not. It's good to have at least a basic grasp of it if only to help with character development. If you have any questions you can always ask in the character workshop or the ffxiv discussion forums.

Hope we can cross paths sometime!!