Getting in the Mood for RP

Sig

Generally as long as I'm either alone, or not actively enagaging with anyone else in the room, dont have anyone looking at my screen and have a comfy position to nestle into thats all I need for RP.

I guess watching a good film or reading something interesting that gives some ideas/sparks for encounters or scenes can help fire me up for a more heavy session of RP?

I tend to panic and flail about for between 15-30 minutes before finally deciding whether I can actually make a worthwhile contribution to the RP or not ;;

...Otherwise, music! It doesn't even have to fit the scene, I just rarely find myself writing (or drawing, or that matter) without it.

I sat and watched a group of lalafell RP for four hours before adding any contribution.

._.

I get the flail. I get it.

Like others mentioned before, I can't rp if someone else is peeking at my screen. I hate, hate, hate that with absolute passion. Even if I'm not roleplaying or doing anything "incriminating", I don't like it when people look at my screen. I'm very fastidious about this. I can't talk to other people either unless they are willing to let me finish/write my posts and read others before I address them. Fun fact: 9/10 people don't like it when you choose RP over talking to them. I understand it. 

This right here, bugs the hell out of me. Also I listen to music usually something without lyrics or lyrics I cant understand.

I will generally be listening to music that fits the situation and characters involved. If your character made an impression on me I might even have an unofficial theme for them. I want quiet while I play and try not to be around people talking if I can help it. Because of time constraints, I've learned how to type extremely fast and multitask while RPing. Generally I can split my attention between the RP, a minor written discussion, and work or another writing task without negative effect.