Why does your Character revere a certain Deity? (Or Not)

Tara

I was always disappointed there wasn't a "None" option in the character creator. I know very little about the Deities in-game, so the best way around that is playing a character who doesn't really give a crap, and T'khoa doesn't.

You could always treat them like some treat horoscopes. You don't have to think of it as anything but garbage but your birthday still makes you fall under one sign or another. :thumbsup:

Andromeda's philosophy on deities is "I leave them alone and they leave me alone." As for the worship of deities, she sees it as a way to maintain oppression of others without worrying about social ramifications. It's easy to hurt someone if a God commanded it.

Edgar is actually a deeply religious man, a philosopher in the same sense as Thomas Aquinas, who through studies of Aristotle, confirmed the soundness of "logical argument" and used it to prove God and investigate his nature. He believes the Twelve to be divine and absolute, even irrefutable, and defies anyone to prove him wrong.

Out of all the Twelve, however, Edgar has most given himself over to Nymeia, the Spinner. Born under her sign, Edgar proceeded to have a miserable, unfortunate life, seeing many die and doubting himself intensely.

In depression, he proceeded to convince himself he has never had a say in anything because the Spinner has and always been leading him on a specific path, one he is either graced with or doomed to follow. He prays to her every night, and often asks things like "What thread have you woven for me, this time, Nymeia?" in response to questionable events or occurrences. He occasionally puts on a front of happiness mixed with bouts of manic euphoria, but this is just to try and fool people into thinking he hasn't been completely and utterly crushed to the point of giving up and letting Nymeia take the wheel (Get it? Because spinning whee-I'll stop.) This may have all gone to his head, though, because nothing surprises him anymore; everything is expected, and most threats perceived as intangible in the grand scheme of the God he thinks he knows. The truth is, he's dodging responsibility for his life in a big way.

Surprisingly, for all his disgust aimed at Ala Migho and those who wish to revive it (what he calls a "sordid legacy best left forgotten"), Edgar actually acknowledges, respects and even prays to Rhalgr every now and then, as he is Nymeia's attendant.

500x500http://puu.sh/k68mS/1611e26024.png[/img]

TL;DR He'll take you to Church. And the Churchity Church.

Eses reveres Nymeia rather than Menphina!

The reason being is that she was struck by lightning three times in her childhood after defiling holy objects. This opened her eyes to the existence of higher beings and became a devout follower. This devotion has won her an abnormal amount of chance-based games, and even when she drives herself into a tough situation, she seems fortunate enough to get out of it seemingly unscathed..this has affected her ego massively as a result.

Cae worships Azeyma as her primary (it's also her birth patron, but) mainly because FIRE. Fire has had something important with her for some time, so it's a no brainer for her. Althyk is a close second, being some crazy ancient magic user descendant and all. :P

Lune is Oschon. Used to Halone, but after events and escaping Ishgard... Oschon has kept her safe thusfar, Halone really hasn't...

Ness follows Menphina if she really has to conform to the Eorzean deities. She likes the idea of love, and she tries to give succor where she can, so why not?

Karima is Althyk, again because "these Eorzean deities are weird..." and Althyk sounded the most neato.

Rivienne has decided that Halone hadn't done much for her either, and decided that she was better off putting her lot in with Nymeia for fate and all that.