Trouble finding an rp guild :o

Hello Everybody! I'm trying to find an rp guild on Balmung, I'm looking for something without a bunch of people in it, highest maybe 20 people. This is because I'm really new to the game/rping in the game. So I have no idea how to do rp and I dont want to go into a huge guild and embarrass myself. Plus I really just want to make some friends tbh c: 

My character is Ora Orara, I'm currently in a guild, but I plan to leave it because it was something I joined to play with a friend, but she doesn't play very much and it's a very big guild that doesn't do rp. Thanks for any help you can provide!

[[ EDIT - I found guild c: thanks for all the help! (I joined wayfarers) ]]

Hey there!

Our FC, Wayfarers of Eorzea, is a little bigger than you're looking for - but, we're very newcomer/casual friendly, and we have members with a range of RP experience from the very experienced to the relatively new like you. Feel free to look into us if you like! We usually have a bunch of public RP events going on where you could show up and watch or dive in head-first, but our leader is away from the game to get married IRL (woohoo!) and our events will resume after the highly anticipated return.

Message me in-game or here on the RPC if you have any questions about us. :)

Hey there!

Our FC, Wayfarers of Eorzea, is a little bigger than you're looking for - but, we're very newcomer/casual friendly, and we have members with a range of RP experience from the very experienced to the relatively new like you. Feel free to look into us if you like! We usually have a bunch of public RP events going on where you could show up and watch or dive in head-first, but our leader is away from the game to get married IRL (woohoo!) and our events will resume after the highly anticipated return.

Hmm I'll definately look into it! How many people are in it though? :o

Right this instant, we have 18 players online, though we aren't all in the same RP scene. The scene I'm in has 5, for instance, one of whom isn't yet in our FC. :)

oh! That isn't very many at all :o would you mind telling me what kinda rp you're guild does? I looked on you're link, but I dont completely understand (I'm a wee bit slow) Also, does the name of your guild refrance an inn in world of warcraft? or is that just a coincidence xD

Well, my lifers while having 50 people in it, about half are Alts give or take. We are fairly new person friendly (they took me in). Not sure what your rp style is or how your char will be. We are Hearth Haven, a merger of Stormguard and Black Diablos and typically act like and adventure guild, though half of the rping is advancing our own story lines.

Well, my lifers while having 50 people in it, about half are Alts give or take. We are fairly new person friendly (they took me in). Not sure what your rp style is or how your char will be. We are Hearth Haven, a merger of Stormguard and Black Diablos and typically act like and adventure guild, though half of the rping is advancing our own story lines.

hmm, I'd probably like to get into a more adventure type guild eventually, but for now I think I'd like to keep it more casual. Since I am really new to it all. But I'll check it out c:

Right this instant, we have 18 players online, though we aren't all in the same RP scene. The scene I'm in has 5, for instance, one of whom isn't yet in our FC. :)

oh! That isn't very many at all :o would you mind telling me what kinda rp you're guild does? I looked on you're link, but I dont completely understand (I'm a wee bit slow) Also, does the name of your guild refrance an inn in world of warcraft? or is that just a coincidence xD

Sorry for the wait! :) I got caught up in our RP of the night and didn't check the RPC til now. 

To answer your question, Rini and Ra (the FC leader and the co-founding officer) are friends who came from WoW so I wouldn't be surprised if that was an inspiration for the name, though the theme of the inn and tavern we run is intended to be a tribute to the heroes who fought the primals, while also being an homage to the real-world Cafe Eorzea in Japan (which itself is an homage to the in-game Carline Canopy, which we're well aware is a bit of a circular meta joke at this point).

As for the type of RP we do, we do all kinds! At our core the FC is about the inn and tavern and their operation, which is partly for the sake of our own internal RP (giving our members a fun site to RP with characters whose jobs around the inn and tavern give them good reasons to interact with each other), and partly for the sake of external RP (we host public event nights where players who aren't in the FC bring their characters and enjoy participating as tavern patrons, or perhaps as visitors who will be enjoying some other fun non-tavern entertainment such as a poetry contest).

Outside of that, we also have scholastic scenes, in which characters will play teacher and host a class for other characters (and perhaps their players) to learn things about the game. We also have had a few "adventure" type scenarios where characters go together and roleplay through an investigation and even a battle (using writing rather than game attacks) to resolve a story. Some of the characters in the FC, such as mine, are mostly suited for that kind of situation rather than waiting tables.

For someone new, I'd recommend a simple approach of taking on a more commonplace role such as a member of the wait staff, and then as you become more comfortable and experienced with RP (which won't take long), then you can stretch yourself a little by choosing to become involved in other types of story content or scenes.

I noticed you had also messaged me privately, too, but wanted to respond here first (others may be watching this forum thread and find the response useful, too). :)

Hello! 

I run a small in character FC based out of Ul'dah. We currently only have 5 active members, but we have a house and plan to slowly grow. 

FC Page is here

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=15521

If you're interested, let me know and the FC leader can speak to you in character about the free company, and see if it's right for you. It's totally fine if you're new to RP, I'm pretty good at drawing people in. 

Either way good luck in finding a home!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there!

Hey there!

LOL I'm already -in- wayfarers xD first reply shows it c: been in for a while now!