Eccentric White Mage/Alchemist Seeks New Employer

Stashing away her botanical books on the small shelf in her room, the Elezen woman returns to her mortar and pestle and happily hums to herself as she begins grinding down the cloves to create the pungent oil. Her dark hands confident and sure while her emerald eyes catalogue everything around her.

Aeveen Dawnfury (eye-VEE-nn) is... Well... Strange. Her background is shrouded in mystery, as she came from an obscure cavern system in the Black Shroud where her clan of Duskwight bought, stole, and held slaves for various nefarious purposes. She is a woman of few words, but her expressions and emotions are vibrant alive. Currently, she's working for a small merchant company and feeling entirely unfulfilled. Due to her timid disposition, she is looking to expand her horizons with people who can be tolerant during a transition and allow her to 'blossom' into a more conversational woman. She is a kind and generous soul, and skilled in the both the mundane and magical healing arts. Botany and alchemy are her passions. She is also searching for the friend who helped her escape the caverns (possible story arc?) and her backwards upbringing. ((Be prepared to do most of the talking. If your character isn't observant, they might not like Aeveen!))

Hi there! It seems like you've already got a pretty secure foothold on your character's identity, and that's definitely a good thing! I'm wondering OOCly what it is you're looking for though: Just RP hooks and people to mingle with, or was she looking to get out and find a new FC?

I'm looking for a little of both, actually. My FC doesn't have much active RP anymore, and I'm in an RP LS, which is big but no one ever speaks in it. I'm getting a few bites about my other character, but this one is actually my main so I'm looking to fill her out, so to speak, socially.

I see! I also just noticed that we're almost on entirely opposed timezones (it's only a 10 hour difference between us!) so odds are that I won't be able to lend you much aid in this particular situation, but hopefully some of our much more EU-friendly groups will take notice and latch on! I'd recommend skirting the Linkshells tab at the top of the page (all of the names of the regular groups except I think Aeon are slipping my brain at the moment).

I see! I also just noticed that we're almost on entirely opposed timezones (it's only a 10 hour difference between us!) so odds are that I won't be able to lend you much aid in this particular situation, but hopefully some of our much more EU-friendly groups will take notice and latch on! I'd recommend skirting the Linkshells tab at the top of the page (all of the names of the regular groups except I think Aeon are slipping my brain at the moment).

I am normally on early morning (between 3 and 7 am CDT) or very late night, so we might actually see more of each other than you'd think! Either way, I have been lurking around the Linkshell page and have sent a few private messages. None of which have been returned, just yet.

I am normally on early morning (between 3 and 7 am CDT) or very late night, so we might actually see more of each other than you'd think! Either way, I have been lurking around the Linkshell page and have sent a few private messages. None of which have been returned, just yet.

Right on! The nice thing about the world in XIV is that it's pretty occupied nearly around the clock; If you start drifting into western EU and Murrica timezones, you can more or less always find people in the city hubs or out and about. I'd also advice checking the event calendar for stuff that aligns with when you're around! There's a lot of great social hangouts that are catered to just meeting people and swapping stories.

Right on! The nice thing about the world in XIV is that it's pretty occupied nearly around the clock; If you start drifting into western EU and Murrica timezones, you can more or less always find people in the city hubs or out and about. I'd also advice checking the event calendar for stuff that aligns with when you're around! There's a lot of great social hangouts that are catered to just meeting people and swapping stories.

It's not that I can't find RP, it's that my character's disposition is very... strange. It makes interacting with her, on a random level, pretty difficult. She's one of those that needs an introduction from someone and a buffer for the first interaction or people tend to get bored and walk away.

I don't think our characters would have much in common, but I'm sure some level of RP could be found! That is, I happen to be in the same timezone as Warren, or close to it. So  may not be able to catch up with you on a consistent basis.

Yeah, she's difficult to interact with and appreciate until you've spent some time with her.

I don't think our characters would have much in common, but I'm sure some level of RP could be found! That is, I happen to be in the same timezone as Warren, or close to it. So  may not be able to catch up with you on a consistent basis.

Yeah, she's difficult to interact with and appreciate until you've spent some time with her.

Well one tip that usually works is if you send someone an OOC /tell explaining her concept a bit. Otherwise people take it as you are not really interested in Rping with them, when all you are really doing is playing your character properly.

In my experience that's usually all it takes to keep someone around her and to continue to RP.

Well one tip that usually works is if you send someone an OOC /tell explaining her concept a bit. Otherwise people take it as you are not really interested in Rping with them, when all you are really doing is playing your character properly.

In my experience that's usually all it takes to keep someone around her and to continue to RP.

Sometimes, I feel like that's taking some of the fun out of getting to know my character, but you're right. I'll have to start making a habit of doing a bit of prepwork before I do some random RP.

I hope you get all the RPs you're looking for! I know a lot of people who have "difficult" characters get burnt out on trying to drum up RP, because a lot of people don't have the patience to stick it out (which sucks, btw. I love difficult characters...so much fun). Anywho, good luck in finding people! If I ever get back to being in game and you run into me, feel free to poke me and say hello!

Sometimes, I feel like that's taking some of the fun out of getting to know my character, but you're right. I'll have to start making a habit of doing a bit of prepwork before I do some random RP.

Oh I would agree with you! But like Alothia said, difficult players usually get burnt out. So if that starts to happen, hopefully an OOC /tell would help ya out.

Though it's fair to mention, I seldom listen to my own advice, so feel free to disregard anythign I say!:thumbsup:

I hope you get all the RPs you're looking for! I know a lot of people who have "difficult" characters get burnt out on trying to drum up RP, because a lot of people don't have the patience to stick it out (which sucks, btw. I love difficult characters...so much fun). Anywho, good luck in finding people! If I ever get back to being in game and you run into me, feel free to poke me and say hello!

Thank you for the encouragement! It's very much appreciated! ^_^

Oh I would agree with you! But like Alothia said, difficult players usually get burnt out. So if that starts to happen, hopefully an OOC /tell would help ya out.

Though it's fair to mention, I seldom listen to my own advice, so feel free to disregard anythign I say!:thumbsup:

I think we're all a little hypocritical in some respects. But I do believe you're right, I should do the whispers and try not to get burnt out on trying to get some RP going for her!