Elezen mage seeking educational opportunities + companionship

just as the title might suggest, I'm seeking connections for my character Arthur! it's kinda, well. really long overdue, honestly.

I'm recently coming out of a hiatus brought on by an unpleasant combination of college stress + illness, so I figured - what better way to get back into roleplaying than with new contacts (and potentially reconnecting with old ones)?

Does your character need...

medical attention?

- Arthur is a healer, having learned from combat medics and chirurgeons both, and is always glad to help where he can. He has a strong preference for mundane, nonmagical medical practices and makes extensive use of herbal remedies whenever possible.

a scholar specializing in magical theory and aether sciences?

- While past trauma has made Arthur reluctant to actually cast spells, magic has been not only his favourite topic of study, but his main motivation. In essence, it is his life's work. Though he has no intentions of practically applying his knowledge, it continues to have meaning to him and he still actively studies magic.

tutoring or instruction in magic?

- Upon request, Arthur has before helped a friend better their understanding of conjury. He found the experience enlightening and beneficial to his own studies, and as such, would be eager to teach other mages. He specializes primarily in conjury derivative magics, though he also dabbles in thaumaturgy and arcanima from time to time.

help learning to read or write?

- An unabashed bibliophile, literature is Arthur's passion. The fact that the Eorzean populace at large is illiterate is a nigh personal affront to him, and he would happily do whatever he could to abolish it.

a scribe or bookkeeper?

- Arthur spent many of his early months in the Eorzean Alliance balancing books and handling paperwork at Mealvaan's Gate which, admittedly, wasn't much different from helping his parents manage finances back on the farm where he grew up. As for notation, Arthur's lack of funds and insatiable appetite for new reading material means that he frequently copies the contents of borrowed books into blank journals of his own – which is to say, he can write with speed and legibility.

a voice of reason in their great and varying endeavors?

- While getting Arthur outside (of his comfort zone, of the house, etc) can be difficult, his friends and mentors continually advise him to do so in order to broaden his horizons. Of late, he's felt more inclined to follow this advice, even though it runs completely counter to his nature.

if you’re interested in any of these things, you can get into contact with me here on the RPC via PM or by sending a /tell on Arthurioux Duchamps.

I hope to be in contact with you all soon!

Hey!  I can actually use a book keeper- saw that's one of your things.

I play Fiona Cooper and I'd love to see if we can work something out.  :)  I'll try to find you IG.

alright, awesome! I'm on most evenings from 9PM EST and later, but if you need me to be on earlier, we can work something out. c:

Hi there! Glad to hear you're doing better and I hope this thread rekindles some RP for you. :)

Arthur's skills could prove very useful to my character, Oyuu Dataq. He has been looking for a mentor of sorts in healing magic and just a fellow mage in general that he can bounce ideas off of and become friendly with. He's very studious and needs someome he can rany about magic to, really. I have a wiki link in my sig.

I'm also working on a super secret project currently that might suit your character well, which I'll PM you about at a later date. ;3

Hi there! Glad to hear you're doing better and I hope this thread rekindles some RP for you. :)

Arthur's skills could prove very useful to my character, Oyuu Dataq. He has been looking for a mentor of sorts in healing magic and just a fellow mage in general that he can bounce ideas off of and become friendly with. He's very studious and needs someome he can rany about magic to, really. I have a wiki link in my sig.

I'm also working on a super secret project currently that might suit your character well, which I'll PM you about at a later date. ;3

hello! I appreciate your saying so, thank you - I'm hoping this all goes over well too, haha. c:

fortunately, I'm fairly sure Arthur should be able to help Oyuu with his healing studies, though at the very least, he can definitely ramble about magical theory, so that's a guarantee. 

I'm usually online after 9PM EST most nights, but if you'd like to RP any time earlier than that, send me a PM and I'll be happy to accommodate your schedule! c:

I heard Oyuu betrayed his last teacher...  just saying.  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to use Oyuu as a meat shield party member for an expert.

oh, you did now? I smell a story here... have fun, but be gentle! magey types have a tendency to make for awfully squishy meat shields. o:

I heard Oyuu betrayed his last teacher...  just saying.  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to use Oyuu as a meat shield party member for an expert.

*sweats* H-he did no such thing... He did, oh boy did he mess up. But, he's learned his lesson, he wouldn't harm a hair on Arthur's pretty head. :3

*gets dragged off to do an expert*