New to FFXIV, want to roleplay.

Muqtada

Hello! I actively roleplayed on WoW 5 years ago, and have roleplayed on Furcadia for the past 10 years. I also roleplay in a local D&D group.

I am looking for any roleplay on FFXIV, but I really don't want to join Balmung or Gilgamesh because the overpopulation would be a little overwhelming for me. I am currently on Cactuar, but will be fine to make a new toon on any other server that is not overpopulated if it means a decent roleplay community.

I love playing Lalafell, and I was wondering how strict roleplayers tend to be on naming conventions? I want my surname to be Duds, but I'm having trouble thinking of a last name that goes with it that also fits the Lalafell plainsfolk naming convention.

Is there any known personally traits or culture among the Lalafell plainsfolk that would be recommended to stick to?

Thank you!

Hai! Welcome to FFXIV. I have RP'd extensively in WoW and GW2, and while I like GW2 much better than FFXIV (dodges the rotten fruit), I've found the community here to be more welcoming and inclusive. In fact the big groups here seem intimidating but everyone has been really nice. 

I am on Balmung cause after GW2 where you may or may not get on the right RP shard, I wanted to be able to find RP if I chose. I love to find RP in the open world, or in random places so for me there was no choice. You don't have to join the big groups, and with FC housing, you can often find small RP in a more secluded atmosphere. 

That said, you may want to try Jenova. I started there cause you almost have to use the paid xfer service to get on Balmung (unless you're super lucky and have fantastic timing). They have a small but friendly community there. You might try the Linkshell, Jenova RP Corner as they were the ones I met. Not saying that other servers don't have good groups, just that this is the one I have a little experience with.

Again, welcome, and good luck!