New to Balmung

Hello!

I recently transferred to Balmung to experience the RP here. I played a bit of 1.0 and since launch of 2.0. I am relatively new to RP but am liking it so far, although I am sometimes unsure of how to start. The quicksand is a dangerous place O.o. I'm on later at night during the week PST time so I do sometimes have difficultly finding people who are on at the same time. Any suggestions how to begin to meet others would be fantastic! 

Thanks in advance and happy travels!

D'ani Nhad

Miqo'te Gladiator

Welcome and here is the 34pt guide

1. Shout out on here you want to RP, spelling out the awesome RP shenanigans you will be up to

2. Linkshells, find some that interest you (see link up top ^), get in and be vocal, tempting others with your awesome RP powers

3. Events! You want em, they got em, list up there to the top left and the calendar. Go along meet strangers and sucker them in with tempting awesome RP

4. Free Company, it's like a guild only called something else, and like the Linkshells its the same list. Find an active one, go RP them and get them to entice you in to the web of cliques, drama and maybe awesome RP!

5. If desperate go to the adventuring Inn in Ul'dah (Quicksands) and gasp at the lineup of RPers. Dare you play the roulette and approach some, will they be 

• AFK
  • Cybering
  • OOC
  • Legit RPer
  • AFK dancing lala
  • NPC
  • Lost
  • Seemingly legit RPer but it's just a front for cybering
  • Something that will need you to acid bath your eyes

Or do what I do and double down on the dancing lala

That's it, sure fire way to let others basque in the your RP awseomesauce !111

(WARNING may contain actual good advice)

Welcome and here is the 34pt guide

1. Shout out on here you want to RP, spelling out the awesome RP shenanigans you will be up to

2. Linkshells, find some that interest you (see link up top ^), get in and be vocal, tempting others with your awesome RP powers

3. Events! You want em, they got em, list up there to the top left and the calendar. Go along meet strangers and sucker them in with tempting awesome RP

4. Free Company, it's like a guild only called something else, and like the Linkshells its the same list. Find an active one, go RP them and get them to entice you in to the web of cliques, drama and maybe awesome RP!

5. If desperate go to the adventuring Inn in Ul'dah (Quicksands) and gasp at the lineup of RPers. Dare you play the roulette and approach some, will they be 

• AFK
  • Cybering
  • OOC
  • Legit RPer
  • AFK dancing lala
  • NPC
  • Lost
  • Seemingly legit RPer but it's just a front for cybering
  • Something that will need you to acid bath your eyes

Or do what I do and double down on the dancing lala

That's it, sure fire way to let others basque in the your RP awseomesauce !111

(WARNING may contain actual good advice)

Thank you for all your input. I will take a look through the linkshells and maybe see something and try events as well!