Hello there, I hope I'm welcome here...

Hi there. I am Morningstar, and I don't actually roleplay. But I'm here because of both an interest in the Lore and because I want to flesh out a backstory and current development for my character, despite all of my game time being OOC.

I'm not new to FF XIV or FF in general. I was introduced with the Kingdom Hearts games and XII, I also have some experience with X and I am considering buying VI.

NO GET OUT

Eorzea's a pretty interesting place, so I don't think anyone here would begrudge you for showing interest in it! Welcome!

Thanks, I guess i should ask a question. All have here for Aurora's backstory is some bits and pieces, as well as a concept of her origins, I want to know if that is enough for the Workshop thread or do I need to flesh out a backstory a little bit by myself first? Some of these bits inclue her choice of patron, an interest in map-making and reactions to certain events,

I know it's a cop-out to just tell you that it's up to you, but really this is a creative-writing thing. Some people like down-to-the-date backstories that chronicle an extensive history and leave out no detail. Some just hit the ground running and back-fill as the lore and information becomes available. Me personally? I think having just a rough concept is a fine place to work from, and the information in the background can be worried about later, or once you're more comfortable with the setting and can retroactively give yourself roots without worrying about being wildly off-canon.

I started playing Warren with basically two lines of background for the guy, and it's worked out pretty well for me in the intervening years of storytelling and activity.

I guess the way I'd consider it: Does the background itself require a bevy of detail and attention? A character growing up from a relatively common origin story (say a baker's child, or a regular non-adventuring citizen) could come from any city-state or part of the world. If you're going for something more regional (Ishgardian high-houses, Limsan pirate folks, Ul'dahn politics, Gridania's nap times) you would get more mileage out of tailoring something more specific. Eorzea is benefited from having many, many events and circumstances that can give rise to the Call to Adventure for anyone in any caste, so it's really how much you want your background to matter.

Workshopping a thread is a great idea regardless of how much detail you've got. Sounding ideas off of other people has always been more successful than trying to do all the work alone (for me, anyway!)

I know it's a cop-out to just tell you that it's up to you, but really this is a creative-writing thing. Some people like down-to-the-date backstories that chronicle an extensive history and leave out no detail. Some just hit the ground running and back-fill as the lore and information becomes available. Me personally? I think having just a rough concept is a fine place to work from, and the information in the background can be worried about later, or once you're more comfortable with the setting and can retroactively give yourself roots without worrying about being wildly off-canon.

I started playing Warren with basically two lines of background for the guy, and it's worked out pretty well for me in the intervening years of storytelling and activity.

I guess the way I'd consider it: Does the background itself require a bevy of detail and attention? A character growing up from a relatively common origin story (say a baker's child, or a regular non-adventuring citizen) could come from any city-state or part of the world. If you're going for something more regional (Ishgardian high-houses, Limsan pirate folks, Ul'dahn politics, Gridania's nap times) you would get more mileage out of tailoring something more specific. Eorzea is benefited from having many, many events and circumstances that can give rise to the Call to Adventure for anyone in any caste, so it's really how much you want your background to matter.

Workshopping a thread is a great idea regardless of how much detail you've got. Sounding ideas off of other people has always been more successful than trying to do all the work alone (for me, anyway!)

Okay, I'll make a thread for my charatcer later, but I have a related query on this site I'd want to ask first. Thanks.