Hello! New to MMO roleplaying

ZariLutus

Hello everyone.

I'm not actually new to the game (been playing for a couple years), but recently I had transferred over to Balmung for various reasons and, being one who does enjoy online rp, I decided that I think I might give it a shot in FFXIV now that I am in Balmung.

The thing is, though, I've never actually roleplayed in an MMO before, so I am not really sure where to start. I set up my search info and such of course, but I am not really sure where to go from there. 

Would anyone be so kind as to leave some tips or even links to somewhere that might help me get started?

Hello and welcome to both the forum and the server :D

To get things started hmm... I would like to suggest visiting The Quicksand in Ul'dah (Adventurer's Guilld/Inn)! You'll find a lot of people RPing in-game there, to which you can learn how to do this and that :D That's how I learned about it specifically haha! Though most of the time I'm just your usual wallflower.

Have you also thought about who your character is and what they are? :)

Arguably the best thing you can do is find yourself a good cozy RP Free Company! These will be the places you can have recurring encounters, build relationships, participate in events and develop characters in the long-term. Nothing wrong with tavern RP though- but that's more of a spot-solution, I think, for when you need some one-shot excitement, rather than a long haul gig.

You can browse the FC listings here on the RPC!

Welcome aboard!

Hello and welcome to both the forum and the server :D

To get things started hmm... I would like to suggest visiting The Quicksand in Ul'dah (Adventurer's Guilld/Inn)! You'll find a lot of people RPing in-game there, to which you can learn how to do this and that :D That's how I learned about it specifically haha! Though most of the time I'm just your usual wallflower.

Have you also thought about who your character is and what they are? :)

Oh! Alright, so the Quicksand is kind of a RP hub then, yes?

As for who my character is and everything, yes I have thought about all that; I made sure to do that ahead of time.

Arguably the best thing you can do is find yourself a good cozy RP Free Company! These will be the places you can have recurring encounters, build relationships, participate in events and develop characters in the long-term. Nothing wrong with tavern RP though- but that's more of a spot-solution, I think, for when you need some one-shot excitement, rather than a long haul gig.

You can browse the FC listings here on the RPC!

Welcome aboard!

That sounds nice, but what if I am already in a FC (it isn't a RP one) that I am comfortable in here? Are there good linkshells for rp?

As for who my character is and everything, yes I have thought about all that; I made sure to do that ahead of time.

Oh! It's good that you have everything set for your character then! Only RP left :D

And yes, it is the place where most RPers tend to stay at for random RPs or walk ups. There's some that's scattered around the game too but they mostly gather in the Quicksand.

Are there good linkshells for rp?

Also yes for this. You can join RP events/RPs without having to leave your current FC to join theirs. ; u ; Just... have to look for them haha. You can do it via party finder or the Linkshell Hall or Free Company Hall here in the forums :)

Oh! It's good that you have everything set for your character then! Only RP left :D

And yes, it is the place where most RPers tend to stay at for random RPs or walk ups. There's some that's scattered around the game too but they mostly gather in the Quicksand.

Are there good linkshells for rp?

Also yes for this. You can join RP events/RPs without having to leave your current FC to join theirs. ; u ; Just... have to look for them haha. You can do it via party finder or the Linkshell Hall or Free Company Hall here in the forums :)

Alright! Thank you! I will see what I can find