Requesting help on Roegadyn naming conventions

cyal

[align=center]Hello!

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Lore Discussion Forum as I couldn't find a clear answer on if I should be asking in either but here's hoping this thread is in the right forum.

I have been stuck on making my character's last name for a couple of months and haven't been able to clearly figure out the Roegadyn naming conventions quite well.

I have read over the Roegadyn words list and read over how the names are supposed to go a certain way or have a letter to follow and change the name a bit as well.

Now, I've had two translated names in my head for a while and am struggling to convert them back to the old language :?. If anyone can correct me that would be great and maybe further explain why certain names are one way over another so here are the names:

Bitter Bear:

Eifabhar ?

Bhareifa ?

Mighty Dragon

Maetrach ?

Trachmaet ?

Maetitrach ?

Bitter Bear is priority because it's the name of my character's father and knowing how to write his name is necessary for me to know how to write it in as her last name.

Any help is appreciated thanks!

Additional info: My character is a Hellguard Seawolf mix, hence why they would have a Seawolf last name.

Apologies once again if this thread was made in the wrong forum. :|[/align]

Treat roegadyn word order the same way you would in English.

Bitter - Eifa (adjective)

Bear - Bhar (noun)

Bitter Bear = Eifabhar

Mighty - Maeti (adjective)

Dragon - Trach (noun) or Trachyn (adjective)

Mighty Dragon = Maetitrach

From there, you would attach -syn for son or -wyn for daughter onto the surname, if following Sea Wolf conventions. From what we can guess for Hellsguard, they simply translate their given name which is usually some form of descriptor-noun. (whether the descriptor is an adjective or verb).

Treat roegadyn word order the same way you would in English.

Bitter - Eifa (adjective)

Bear - Bhar (noun)

Bitter Bear = Eifabhar

Mighty - Maeti (adjective)

Dragon - Trach (noun) or Trachyn (adjective)

Mighty Dragon = Maetitrach

From there, you would attach -syn for son or -wyn for daughter onto the surname, if following Sea Wolf conventions. From what we can guess for Hellsguard, they simply translate their given name which is usually some form of descriptor-noun. (whether the descriptor is an adjective or verb).

[align=center]Thank you very much! Finally can move forward now. :moogle:[/align]