Looking for sword training mentor!

Zigovali is going to become a RDM IC starting sometime in Stormblood, but the poor guy has never picked up a sword in his life. So I'm looking for someone to train Zigo in swordplay!

Said mentor should be patient, skilled with the blade, and experienced in its use. A character older than Zigo (he's 23) is preferred. Any race will do, so long as they can teach a lalafell!

TL;DR I'm looking for someone to be the Anthony Hopkins to Zigo's Antonio Banderas.

-mcUPY0RMdU

What kind of swordsmanship?

And what kind of mentorship RP are you looking for? One that actually teaches a style; or one more for the connection/relationship?

EDIT: more information for clarity --

My character may be a bit young for your tastes, but her character concept revolves around being someone who really understands her martial art; and had to rely on it to survive (she cannot cast spells/use aether; and so relies on skill and finesse with her weapons).

She already teaches lessons, and when RPing these, I tend to focus on giving the other player technical information/observations that they can adapt and apply into their combat RP; as well as obvious, character/personality driven RP/development.

What kind of swordsmanship?

And what kind of mentorship RP are you looking for? One that actually teaches a style; or one more for the connection/relationship?

One-handed swords; really just the fundamentals. Since he's going down the RDM path, he needs to learn how to wield a lighter sword, without a shield or sidearm.

The RP is mainly so I don't have Zigovali suddenly become adept enough to be a RDM. Much more the connection and relationship than anything, to make his growth into RDM believable and organic.

Ah. Edited my previous post for some more details.

If you're primarily in it to make the character's development more organic, I can definitely offer to do so -- so long as you're okay with your character having a mentor that isn't completely what you want (she's no Anthony Hopkins).

EDIT: more information for clarity --

My character may be a bit young for your tastes, but her character concept revolves around being someone who really understands her martial art; and had to rely on it to survive (she cannot cast spells/use aether; and so relies on skill and finesse with her weapons).

She already teaches lessons, and when RPing these, I tend to focus on giving the other player technical information/observations that they can adapt and apply into their combat RP; as well as obvious, character/personality driven RP/development.

I looked over your wiki page and I think she'd make a fantastic teacher! Zigovali needs someone that knows what they're doing, and has a discipline he sorely lacks. They're also vastly different characters--an honorable knight and an unscrupulous scoundrel--so it'd be interesting to see.

Find me in-game sometime and we can talk!

Hello hello!

It seems you might have already found a mentor, but if you're looking to how to combine magic and swordplay together, my character Naomi Kett, can always help! For the past few months she's been working on combining thamaturgy with sword play (sword magic as she calls it) and is getting confident in her abilities.

She's a bit on the young side too, but has a few years of training behind her and runs a free company.

If you're interested hit me up in game (N'aomi Kett) or on Discord! Amanda#7359

Have a nice day!