Question about technology

I've never seen this addressed ingame, but in big cities, like Limsa or Ul'Dah... They have electricity and stuff like that?

I mean, Gold Saucer is defnitely a very advanced place in the tech aspect.

Garlean stuff def. are. I guess they don't use linkpearls either? I've seen Cid mentioning that they use electromagnetic communication devices (so he could find a way to jam it).

Despite how it looks in game, I know that Limsa uses oil burning lanterns as there is a quest to refill guttering street lamps with oil. I would imagine that this is the same in the other city states as well.

As for the Gold Saucer, I can't say. Its far to well lit for oil lamps so maybe they power it with lightning sprite cores or something.

Within Eorzea, things that look like electric lights are usually explained as being powered by bomb cores. Garlemald does have electricity which is described as harnessing lightning-aspected aether, and thus anything in Eorzea that might be involved with the Ironworks could likely use electricity.

Ul'dah also has access to a ceruleum source in Northern Thanalan, which is a rare thing (and thus why Garlemald has been all over it too). 

Eorza generally is in a state where industrialization is only starting ti happen.

On another note, as stated in SB, linkpearls can be jammed too, just not through the same method.