*waves*

Renna

Hello to everyone. Been a while since I've talked to anyone in this community. I'm actually not new FFXIV RP, I'm just taking full advantage of SE giving us new life with character recustomizations in ARR. My first attempt at RP on XIV was also my first attempt at RP. My story was...dramatic, and didn't exactly earn me a lot of IC friends. Here with the actual 2.0 of the game, comes my 2.0 :)

--MMORPG background

Mainly I spent my time on Final Fantasy XI. I played the game for 8 years, while always being subbed to a second MMO. I played XIV from launch until the servers shut down on us in November. Since then I spent most of my time on SWTOR, LOTRO, and TERA.

--RP experience

As I said above, FFXIV was my first attempt at RP. I fell in love with it. The immersion you can have with your character, and the relationships you forge, are just amazing. With SWTOR, I joined a huge fan site PvE guild, that didn't have any interest with RP. So I pretty much stuck to end game content with them, though I did RP with a few folks, and write a backstory for my main. Next I moved to TERA, where the RP community was pretty good. I had a lot of fun RP'ing with my guild there. Currently I'm subbed to LOTRO, where I'm RP'ing a Burglar Hobbit ^_^ Don't leave your food unattended near me. Mmmm.

--Character ideas/info

I had a simple story idea about a girl who showed promise in alchemy. One day, her younger brother gets a minor injury while they're playing, and the girl decides to make a potion to fix him up. The potion places her brother in a coma. Now she has devoted her life, to exploring the world, in the hopes of finding a way to wake him. (though I'm not sure if this will still work, unless the brother returns from stasis, still asleep. We'll see once we have more info.) This was also a 10 second idea, that will possibly be tossed in the trash can with more thought.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Many of my friends from my former heavy RP linkshell are here. I always came here to read their stuff, but never signed up myself.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I'd place myself at med/heavy. With the release of A Realm Reborn, I have all the jobs at level 50. I plan to make a better effort at getting relic/relics, and running all end game content. That being said, I'm hoping to find some RP folks to do this with, and spending non-event time in RP.

--Anything from real life youâre comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc) Right now I'm going to school to be a nurse. School is in the evenings, which gives me a lot of free time during the day to game. This is when I'm actually looking to find people that wish to do relic progression. Besides that, I enjoy playing guitar, piano, and drums. I'm @RennaXai on twitter, if anyone ever wants to say hi.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all, and I'd love some input on character ideas for my hyur, as I pretty much have a blank page at the moment for my 2.0 character.

Welcome back!!  I'm always happy to see more hyur since they're supposed to be a common race, but fairly uncommon by players/RPers.

Also don't worry too much about the first attempt at RP.  Every one of us was new to this at one time or another and I think many of us have learned by making mistakes ourselves.  :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy your experiences in RP in ARR~  :D

Welcome to the RPC :moogle: I am new as well, and I wish you the best of luck.

In regards to an idea for your Hyur I can't easily give you and ideas (since I don't know what kind of character you'd be more comfortable rp-ing as), but I can suggest sitting down and thinking about base traits you would enjoy roleplaying and then factor in more traits connected to those traits and what in said character's history could have instilled these traits into her. Or you could even do the reverse and come up with a back story and then mold your character from that. More than likely you will end up tweaking your character quite a bit and perhaps find things that seem a little iffy when it comes to  meshing together logically but that is all part of the process. You have plenty of time, so just find something fun :thumbsup:

Welcome to the RPC :moogle: I am new as well, and I wish you the best of luck.

In regards to an idea for your Hyur I can't easily give you and ideas (since I don't know what kind of character you'd be more comfortable rp-ing as), but I can suggest sitting down and thinking about base traits you would enjoy roleplaying and then factor in more traits connected to those traits and what in said character's history could have instilled these traits into her. Or you could even do the reverse and come up with a back story and then mold your character from that. More than likely you will end up tweaking your character quite a bit and perhaps find things that seem a little iffy when it comes to  meshing together logically but that is all part of the process. You have plenty of time, so just find something fun :thumbsup:

I LOVE THIS METHOD!! :)