How to reach NIN Rping?

Okay, here's the thing:

I love NIN mudra magick theme, and would love to roleplay as one, but I'm terribly unaware of how to approach this concept without having a Ninja soulstone or being a Doman/Hingan.

I'm contemplating the following routes (my character is a Miqo'te)

1) Being an ijin that is residing in Kugane for a while (there are a few who does). But how he would be able to learn ninjutsu there?

a) He could find a soulstone with a deceased ninja and go from there (much like WoL did)?

or

b) He'd convince someone to teach him from scratch. Obviously with a few years of training, he would only be an initiate in ninjutsu. Also not sure what an ijin could ever do to convince a master to take him under his wing to teach the principles of a secret art.

2) Not being in Kugane before, but learning ninjutsu from the refugees in Mor Dhona. a) route would be the most straightforward to go, because going b) probably would need a bigger timeframe than ARR-SB's.

What you guys think?

You seem to have already spelled out your answer. :) If you haven't established him as being an expert at it yet, then traditional study and training will take him years if you treat it realistically (and that's assuming he can endure and pass said training). The only quick route is a soulstone, and given how much death there's been recently in the liberation of Othard (and then said Othardians going temporarily to help liberate Ala Mhigo), it's not unreasonable that he could've found a soulstone - and, that a teacher who has lost many pupils would be willing to show him the ropes in an accelerated manner by making use of it.

You seem to have already spelled out your answer. :) If you haven't established him as being an expert at it yet, then traditional study and training will take him years if you treat it realistically (and that's assuming he can endure and pass said training). The only quick route is a soulstone, and given how much death there's been recently in the liberation of Othard (and then said Othardians going temporarily to help liberate Ala Mhigo), it's not unreasonable that he could've found a soulstone - and, that a teacher who has lost many pupils would be willing to show him the ropes in an accelerated manner by making use of it.

The idea of this character is:

Surya'to used to be a travelling performer, an acrobat rogue that is also a dancer. Originally from the Black Shroud, he lived many of his younger years in Ul'dah. Easily bored, he found an opportunity to take the risky travel to the far east, with spice-smuggling pirates and lived there ever since, even managing to be some sort of "exotic attraction" on Kugane's theater.

--> Then I'd apply a soustone finding with a deceased Ninja, somehow.