Turn your main RP char into an NPC

Oh boy, this is an old one! Someone was digging deep to bust out this sarcophagus.

Rochelle would be a one-shot quest NPC; the kind that you kill, mind you. Probably walked into a purple circle and there she is, practically begging to be killed with no dialogue.

• 1 year later...

The funny thing is that this is actually entirely how I set up my character already. I joined FF because my best friend played, and their character is very firmly the WoL in their own verse. I rarely identify with the "Main Protagonist" in stories, so when I started crafting Morn', it was just my first instinct to write him as a side-character. I never expected to get into this enough to actually start writing out his quests.

His intro involves his parents stopping the WoL to beg for help finding their missing child, thinking that the Heretics kidnapped them. And it eventually leads to finding out Morn' very much left of his own accord because things were unhappy/unsafe at home, and had made a home with Ysayle, but ended up possessed by an Ascian during their travels. The WoL ends up freeing him and sending him to recover in Gridania. He's sort of... spiraled out of control since then, to the point of being a major side-character that, if implemented, would have about the same level of importance as Estinien or Y'shtola.

If I were ever approached with the opportunity to implement him officially in-game I'd cry. I've very heavily based Morn's life off my own, especially with heavy implications of gender identity and dysphoria as parts of his backstory. I would kill to see an openly trans character in such a popular game.