LF long-term RP contacts with similar RP styles, + also Kugane plot hooks

On a general note:

I am also looking for, in general, people with a roleplaying style that matches mine. Think of a sliding scale involving several 'benchmarks' of RPers. For the record, this is all referring to in-character behaviour only. OOC habits or tendencies is completely separate from this, as, for example, I don't know of ANYONE that RP walks everywhere instead of just teleporting/fast traveling. :P

• Group A, the "my character IS the MSQ" group. These players are RPing their character that has followed the MSQ exactly as it happened (or as it happens, for current content). Their character IS the Warrior of Light, has the MSQ-canon relationships with story NPCs, and may or may not have all the jobs at the relevant levels to their character's actual job progression.
  • Group B, the "high powered" group. For lack of a better way to describe it, RP with these types of characters tends to be very high stakes, very high adventure. Magic and abilities surpass what we expect of the world. These characters may have invented new spells or abilities, which are often (but not always) more powerful than current in-game spells/skills. Characters have often mastered many jobs at once, or at the least, are proficient with those jobs. Characters in this group may still be found drinking or chatting over a meal in the Quicksand, but they're also often going on exciting adventures of romance and derring-do.
  • ....As a subset of the above, there's the RPers who also change the rules of the world in ways not supported by canon, but not necessarily in ways that are more powerful. I mention this because I group it near the above, but don't want people objecting to the term 'high-powered' to describe the benchmark I would put them closest to.
  • Group C, the 'RP as defined by game mechanics' group. These players tend to interpret the rules of the world as defined by the rules of the game itself. They probably teleport to Aetheryte crystals on a regular basis, strong healing magic is commonplace, resurrections are totally possible (if not frequent), characters often are above average in many/most jobs, and generally speaking, anything that can happen in FFXIV's game mechanics is fair play for RP.
  • Group D, the 'real world' group. These players tend to dismiss some game mechanics as being purely game mechanics -- particularly those that don't match up to the real world. That's not to say that magic and the like doesn't exist, but it may be more limited than any of the above groups. They may have long travel times between place to place (or at least not near-instant teleportation), they probably don't have many jobs from ff at an above average level, healing magic is likely fairly limited (and resurrections out of the question), and in general, their characters probably wouldn't feel out of place if they were described to someone as an NPC rather than a player character (excluding how little backstory NPCs tend to have compared to PCs). This also tends to usually focus more around 'slice of life' RP, but is not necessarily limited to only that. 

I fall mostly closely into Group D, which seems to be the minority of RPers, so in general, I'm looking for anyone that tends to follow that ruleset. I'll still definitely RP with any other groups, but I'm specifically trying to make contacts with people who have a similar style to myself regardless of plot ideas, characters, or anything else.

More specific plot hooks, open to anyone:

That said! I am also looking for specific plot hooks to advance one of my characters in particular -- Haien Okeya. I'm looking for some general ties to Kugane for him, and so I have a specific few instances of plot hooks I came up with on that topic:

• 1a) Someone to be a cultural guide to Kugane and generally Doma Othard in general, for someone who hasn't been there before.
  • 1b) Someone to work with a stubborn individual to get them into an outfit slightly more suited for the far east. Preferably a tailor who can make the clothing themselves, though someone with the connections to have it done could work. Does not have to be the same person as 1a.
  • 2) At least one person and/or business working out of Kugane that would be interested in fresh produce/Eorzean plants/etc. (Mostly just looking to establish a business reason to get Haien there, and while I can handwave it/story NPC it, RPed PC contacts would be nice too)

Slightly less important, but would be nice to find:

• 3) anyone who wants to be involved in the same voyage. Could be sharing the same ship (I think I read it's a 2-month trip? plenty of time for chatting, for better or worse), could be the actual crew/captain of said ship, could just be arriving via different means at the same time, whatever.
  • 4) Doman botanists or horticulturalists that enjoy (or are at least willing to) teach Haien about local plantlife.
  • 5) Someone who lived in Sui-no-sato 25-45 years prior who could recognize Haien as being the son of his parents. Seems unlikely to find this one, but hey, can't hurt to list it.

Closing notes:

More details/plotting available, and I'm certainly open to suggestions for other ideas. This is just what I'm looking for currently that I can think of easily.

Given a week or so of advanced notice, my availability can flex to meet your schedule, so don't worry too much about timezones or anything like that.

Also, my replies can take anywhere from two to five minutes, or sometimes ten to fifteen if I have a LOT to do/say in one action. If you have very limited time, please let me know, and we can try to work something out.

I also tend to do speech through quotation marks so that I can occasionally use /say chat for descriptions that don't start with "Character does this or that." Generally assume that unless something is in quotes, it's probably not being stated out loud. I apologize for any confusion -- feel free to ask if you're not sure whether something is being described or said aloud.

[align=justify]Hello and welcome. ^^; 

[/align]

[align=justify]So, Akeno could certainly help in the department of cultural guide -- since Kugane is kind of her "home turf" and she can definitely point out some things Haien is very likely unaware of. A means to save face, in a sense. Unfortunately, her view of Doma and Domans in general is biased (given that the woman is a terrible bigot) and he's not likely to hear something from a neutral tongue. If you'd be interest in that kind of role-play note, I'd like to have them interact sometime. 

As far as your note of grouping together the different variations of role-players, I'm not entirely certain where my personal slider would end up. Group A is mostly out of the question with the main exception of holding certain job skills to the same level as their in-game status. Group B isn't entirely out of the question either however, I do try to maintain some level of what I believe to be "realistic" as far as magics and the reactions that should be had regarding them -- details I can further explain if needed/wanted. Group C has some qualities that I often include in my role-play; such as teleportation, although there are some qualities that I disagree with strongly here as well. Group D has the majority of my beliefs, based on the description provided -- namely due to me considering the environment as realistic. [/align]

[align=justify]          From what I can tell, the grouping isn't entirely necessary to interaction; but I figured I would address where I believe myself to stand -- kind of a heads up. 

That being said, my schedule varies in the worst way due to real life problems (which are often explained to people I interact with frequently). I am generally around during "the day" (between noon and midnight) most of the week -- coming from US CST. [/align]

If you've any questions for me, I'm easily accessible through the Coalition private messages or through other avenues such as discord if such interests you. 

Akeno definitely sounds interesting to me. :) Depending on the level of subtle vs. outright bigotry, it could potentially be a very, very interesting interaction. Honestly, I'm also looking for a guide for him for Othard in general, rather than just Doma -- I mainly specified Doma because I'm still very much in a HW mindset (having just returned to the game very recently) and still trying to adjust to all the new information available. Really, any information (especially opinionated information that can lead to interesting interactions) on any part of Othard would work for Haien.

Oh, I definitely don't expect anyone to cleanly fall into any specific group and that group alone. It's an imperfect system and mostly just benchmarks on a sliding scale that even then, doesn't address that people aren't linear very well. It's just the best I could do to try and describe the kind of RP style I specifically fall into -- by comparison to other types of styles.

No worries on schedule variance! The range you specified actually works well with my current sleep schedule, so I'd be available pretty much whenever. Discord works more easily for me, but I'll send you a PM since I'm unsure if RPC forums actually notify non-thread owners of replies, and then we can work out details from there.