Free-spirited Xaela traveler & potionmaker seeks connections!

[align=center]KVV08ek.png[/align]

[align=center]_LOOKING FOR ROLEPLAY_

Ghoa Mankhad of the Restless Seas[/align]

[align=center]────────────────────────[/align]

[align=center]"The ocean is everything I wish to be: beautiful, mysterious, wild and free..[/align]

[align=justify]Such are the aspirations of Ghoa Mankhad, a tribal-born Xaela who has long since left the lands where she was raised to follow whatever path her heart sets her upon. She has traveled far from the eastern coastlands of the Azim Steppe where her clan resides, experiencing the world that lie beyond the borders of their territory in a way few Xaela ever do. Her pursuit of freedom and new experiences has taken her through the Imperial-held lands of Yanxia, the bustling port of Kugane, and even so far as the vibrant, exotic lands of Thavnair. While it is rare for her to linger in one place overlong like the adventurers so common of this age, she is more akin to a traveler and wanderer drawn to the thrill of the unknown and the of the new.

Still, true adventurer or not, Ghoa is not without skills that fund her ventures abroad. She is a capable mage well-versed in her clan’s traditional arts, able to soothe and mend or bring down a fierce storm of lightning, wind, and water upon would-be enemies. As one who once trained to become a Mankhadi shaman, she also learned to make potions and poisons – a skill which only continued to grow as she traveled and learned more of the world outside the steppe. These services she offers to those with coin to trade; particularly, those who seek a degree of discretion from their healers and dealers and are willing to pay extra for such.

With the sea routes westward finally cleared in the wake of Yanxia’s liberation, Ghoa’s ever-restless soul set its sights upon the continent of Eorzea. Without hesitation, she secured herself passage to this distant land brimming with new people and new experiences. After many weeks on the sea, she has finally set foot upon foreign soil once more – and she is certainly wasting no time in seeing what it has to offer.[/align]

[align=center]>> Click here to read Ghoa’s temporary character profile! <<[/align]

[align=center]>> Click here to read Ghoa’s currently work-in-progress wiki! <<[/align]

[align=center]CONTACT INFO :__Ghoa Mankhad (In-Game) _[ ⏩⏪ ]_ Jaliqai-and-Company (Tumblr) _[ ⏩⏪ ]_ Jaliqai#1327 (Discord)[/align]

[align=center]ATaYuLk.png[/align]

[align=center]_RP HOOKS & CONNECTIONS_

Non-Exhaustive List of RP Starter / Backstory Connection Ideas[/align]

Do I have your attention? Want to strike up some RP with my sea-lizard, but not quite sure what angle to approach from? Here are a handful of ideas for various types of back-story connections that we could set up or RP hooks for fresh, new encounters! And as always, if you have an idea of your own and you don’t see anything up here that matches it, hit me up and we can talk! I would love to hear your ideas!

[align=center]__↠_CONNECTIONS FOR OTHER XAELA_↞__[/align]

[align=justify]Ghoa was born to a small clan of the Mankhad, was married to (and ultimately fled from) a Kharlu khan, and then spent three years drifting the inner steppe from tribe to tribe for a few years after to try and find a new home. Even now, she returns to the steppe occasionally when she’s feeling nostalgic. Thus the possibilities for hooks and connections are many.

Your character might know Ghoa from a brief time she spent with their tribe. If they spent much time in the eastern coastlands and/or interacted often with the Kharlu, they may recognize her as the fled wife of a khan – even be intent to return her to them out of loyalty or promise of reward. Perhaps they’ve never met in the past but only now during one of her return ventures to the steppe, where your character may be intrigued by her wide travels or scornful of her decision to forego tribe and steppe. As I said, there are many, varied possibilities here![/align]

[align=center]__↠_MEETING DURING HER EASTERN TRAVELS_↞__[/align]

[align=justify]Like the blurb about Xaela above, this has many different opportunities for pre-established connections or new hooks. Ghoa has spent the last few years traveling the near and far east as much as she can – Yanxia, the Ruby Sea, Kugane, Thavnair, and so on. She still returns to those places often, as well.

Your character could easily have known her or meet her during her travels under various circumstances. Maybe she healed them? Made a potion or poison for them? Spent an evening drinking with them? Shared a brief, passionate affair with them during her stay in their area? Maybe your character showed her around or taught her something about the area or culture? Perhaps your character is some kind of legal authority that she’s slipped out of the hands of? Any of these could likewise be true in the present rather than past sense for new connections, as well![/align]

[align=center]__↠_GHOA'S ARRIVAL TO EORZEA_↞__[/align]

This hook is similar to the above, save for the fact that Ghoa is only now arriving on Eorzean soil for the first time. As such, most of these connections will likely be new encounters – save for Eorzeans that she may have met previously while both of them were abroad in the same place at the same time! Either way, it’s a new land and new culture that she’s eager to explore and learn more about. She would love for your character to help her do so!

[align=center]__↠_TRAVELING COMPANIONS_↞__[/align]

[align=justify]Ghoa’s traveled a lot and very rarely done so alone. When the desire to move on to the next land hits, she heads off to the docks, markets, or taverns to find a ship, caravan, or adventuring party preparing to leave that she can tag along with in exchange for coins, her skills as a mage and potion-maker, or even just the joy of her companionship alone. She’s even lucked out and managed to secure herself travel with the wealthy or nobility from time to time, and boy does she love traveling in luxury.

So there’s ample opportunity for both past connections and new encounters for people she’s traveled alongside here, whether your character is a sailor, captain, merchant, mercenary, adventurer, noble, or just.. anyone who travels, really![/align]

[align=center]__↠_HER WORK AS A MAGE, HEALER, AND MAKER OF POTIONS AND POISONS_↞__[/align]

[align=justify]Ghoa’s lifestyle filled with travel, exploration, and seeking out new experiences isn’t cheap and she can’t always get by on the generosity of others or her charisma alone. To make up the rest, she sells her skills in magic, potion-making, and potion-making. She doesn’t have any qualms about selling or offering services to a less reputable or outright criminal clientele; in fact, she prefers them as they tend to pay more for her discretion.

Therefore, if your character is in need of a mage capable of either healing or harm, or perhaps a potion or poison, with no questions asked? (Or even if your request is totally legal and morally abiding!) Ghoa’s your go-to, so long as you’re paying![/align]

[align=center]__↠_NEED AN EVENT BUDDY?_↞__[/align]

[align=justify]Is there a public event that you want to go to, but worried that you’ll not find anyone there to RP with? Does your character ICly want to attend something like a ball or wedding but is in need of some charming company? Ghoa can help!

We can either OOCly try to arrange Ghoa finding your character at the event and striking up some interaction, social butterfly that she is. Or if your character is on the IC prowl for a date or company for an event, public or private, they can find a willing companion in Ghoa.. especially if they are offering to pay her way! (Though OOCly, I can handle paying for myself, so no worries there!)[/align]

[align=center]ZjFxrvZ.jpg[/align]

[align=center]_IMPORTANT OOC INFORMATION_

Please Read Before We Start a Long-Term RP![/align]

I’ll try not to bore you with a lot of details, but the points that I list below are just the really important ones! As such, I ask that you please read these notes before we RP on any long-term basis! Trust me -- it's better that you read these upfront rather than for them to come to be problematic later!

[align=center]__↠_TIMEZONE & AVAILABILITY_↞__[/align]

I’m in the Central US timezone and usually online just about every evening after 5PM CST during the week and noon-to-whenever on the weekends. (But I’m unavailable for 2 hour windows on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays for raid nights.)

[align=center]__↠_OPEN TO DISCORD RP_↞__[/align]

I’m on Balmung, but open to Discord RP with people on other servers! Even if you're not on a different server and you just prefer Discord RP for whatever reason, I'm generally down with that! Add me at Jaliqai#1327.

[align=center]__↠_FLEXIBLE RP STYLE_↞__[/align]

My RP style is flexible, ranging from short one-liners of dialogue to multiple windows of descriptive text; I vary it up based on my partner and what’s best for the situation. In longer posts, I still don’t do a lot of purple prose and my posting times tend to range around 5-10mins, depending on how inspired, distracted, tired, etc I am.

[align=center]__↠_ON BOARD WITH MATURE, DARK, CRIMINAL THEMES_↞__[/align]

I’m cool with dark, mature, adult, criminal, horror, etc. themes. There’s very little that bothers me, personally. But I still try to be very respectful and conscientious of others’ triggers, so if there’s something that bothers you, let me know!

[align=center]__↠_SEXUAL THEMES FINE; HOWEVER, NO ERP_↞__[/align]

HOWEVER, please note that I don’t write out sexual scenes / ERP. Sexual situations that naturally come up in RP are perfectly fine, but just know that I exclusively fade-to-black after things get past handsy! Sorry! ♥

[align=center]__↠_NOT LOOKING FOR STRICTLY ONE-ON-ONE PARTNERS_↞__[/align]

If you are looking for strictly one-on-one partner or are easily made jealous or upset by a partner RPing with others, this character isn’t for you. Ghoa is my go-to social butterfly, event-going, crowd-loving alt so that I can re-engage with the Balmung community again. I’m looking for a wider social circle for her, not a closed one.

[align=center]__↠_A NOTE ON SHIPPING WITH GHOA_↞__[/align]

Related to the above, Ghoa as a character is very open and casual with her affection. She’s a type that has one-night stands and short-term flings with multiple lovers, but no interest in committed romantic relationships. So if you’re looking to ship with her, keep it in mind that she’s not likely to reciprocate any romantic feels or rush to settle down with anyone, and your character is likely not the only one she’s affectionate with.

[align=center]__↠_SOMETIMES I JUST DON'T HAVE IT IN ME_↞__[/align]

Between RP, IRL, and work, my schedule can be pretty busy and draining. Needless to say, I’m not always going to have the time or the energy to RP. So if you are looking for a super dedicated partner who can RP every single day and whose focus is solely / mostly on you, I’m not your gal. Sorry!

[align=center]__↠_DON'T BE CREEPY OOC_↞__[/align]

I’m not down with people looking to stir up a romantic and/or sexual relationship with me OOCly. I do like to be friends with my partners, but I’m afraid that babbling about headcannons, friendly banter, and memes are all I can OOCly offer!

• 2 weeks later...

Giving this a bump back to the top, as I am still very much looking for connections! ♥

Also, seeing as I'm going to try to attend both the Saint Reinette's All Saints Wake Masquerade and the Club Crescent Pub Crawl this Saturday, I'm throwing out an open invitation for anyone headed to either event to have a Ghoa thrown at them if you're lacking a plus-one!

Not to be obnoxious with the bumps, but I think (?) someone just tried to add me on Discord, but I dropped my phone and pressed a whole lot of buttons and chaos ensued. And now the request is seemingly gone into the aether. (At least it looked like a discord friend request notice in the 0.5 seconds I had before I dropped it. So I may be wrong and it could be something elss. Womp. But I swear I saw an unfamiliar handle.. shadow-something and some numbers? I think?)

That said, if that was you, please send me another request and I promise not to drop my phone and accidentally cast it into the void this time!

• 2 weeks later...

The Reliquarian's Guild has some sea lovin folk that might get a long well with your wanderer.  Also, there are some Xaela participating in Guild activities.  It's a Guild, so there's no need to switch FCs to be a part of the fun (the link in signature does a better job of explaining it)

The Reliquarian's Guild has some sea lovin folk that might get a long well with your wanderer.  Also, there are some Xaela participating in Guild activities.  It's a Guild, so there's no need to switch FCs to be a part of the fun (the link in signature does a better job of explaining it)

Thanks for the reply! The guild looks interesting, though sadly I don't believe it would be something Ghoa herself would throw her hat in with. Sorry! <3