totally new! wanna help?

hi everyone!

i am brand new to FFXIV and am currently installing the demo. it seems like an mmo that i will really enjoy, especially with the rp community. i am not quite sure what server to join, and i honestly dont know the first thing about this game

if anyone would like to hold my hand while i figure this out, that would be awesome!

add me on discord Cooro#3223

hi everyone!

i am brand new to FFXIV and am currently installing the demo. it seems like an mmo that i will really enjoy, especially with the rp community. i am not quite sure what server to join, and i honestly dont know the first thing about this game

if anyone would like to hold my hand while i figure this out, that would be awesome!

add me on discord Cooro#3223

While I may not be on the same server as you I wanna still welcome you to FFXIV it's definitely worth the time investing in playing it. I'm a little new to the MMO RP aspect of the game but I've been playing for almost 2 years myself so if you have any in game questions I can try and help with that. Also if youre ever on mateus or Diabolos let me know and I can tank some dungeons for us to give you better que times if youre a DPS class :)

Balmung used to be the server to join for role play but it's currently completely locked to new characters. Mateus is now basically the new Balmung. If you're looking for a server with an RP hot spot where you can just walk up and RP with people that's the server to join.

Brynhildr and Jenova also have small communities that seem a little more active lately. Both servers are currently preferred worlds which means starting a character on them will get you an exp boost until you hit level 60. I would only recommend going to them if you're the kind of player who really wants to hit end game fast and doesn't mind that the RP scene there will be small.