IAMA New FFXIV Roleplayer AMA

Hi, my name is Nate.  I come from the wastelands of WoW and FFXI and am eagerly waiting the release of FFXIV:ARR and hope to make some new friends/RP buddies in the meantime.  I'm not new to roleplaying, (Tabletop & WoW) but am pretty dusty.  I look forward to meeting you guys!

--MMORPG background

I started with Everquest, then moved to FFXI.  From there, WOW and the other games but honestly I'm hoping to settle here.

--RP experience

I started as a pretty pretty blood elf paladin. I got better.  It gets better.

--Character ideas/info

I know, it's probably a trope right now, but I have my heart set on playing a Keeper of the Moon Mi'qote.  Poor guy, he lost his home and his family when Dalmud came crashing down, and he blames himself for REASONS.  He set off to rebuild his life and is making his way towards Ul'duh to study the occult arts.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Google is my friend!  All hail google!

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I'd say medium-heavy.  I'm pretty silly in real life, and tend to play silly characters, but I tend to see public channels (say, yell, linkshell) as things my characters are saying. (without ooc brackets, of course)

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Well, I'm Nate.  I'm 30 years old.  Single (Hit me up boys!).  I work for a game developer, doing customer support and quality assurance.  (fancy name for a GM) No, sadly not for Squeenix or a major publisher, but the job is pretty cool.

I like video games, board games, children's card games (ok, MTG is really not a childrens card game, but screw the rules I have money)  My very first video game that I owned and played to completion was Final Fantasy X and will always hold a place in my heart. (yes, I'm a late bloomer)

Feel free to hit me up for no details. I bite, but only lovingly.

Reddit bleeding over to the RPC? It's like a horrible nightmare dream come true.

Welcome! Good to have you on board. Feel free to fire away with any questions you might have, and most of us would be happy to assist in any way we can.

Reddit bleeding over to the RPC? It's like a horrible nightmare dream come true.

Welcome! Good to have you on board. Feel free to fire away with any questions you might have, and most of us would be happy to assist in any way we can.

I'm glad someone got my reference!  I was all ready to answer the famed Horse Sized Duck question and everything.