I'm new, now what

Raxoid1109

I am just starting and I am looking to join a world or a FC to RP with, it doesn't really matter who really I am just excited to jump into the game as soon as possible, I have been rping for a couple of years now however rping in online games is something new for me and something that has been recommended many times over the years

Hiya there and welcome to the RPC!

I'd recommend creating a character on Mateus if your general availability lines up with North American server activity or on Omega if you tend to be more available around European hours. (At this time, there's no general agreement on where players should go if English-speaking and trying to find a larger RP population on a Japanese Data Center server.) The RPC is certainly not the end-all hub (although we'd love to be) for all RP options in FFXIV. Many smaller communities also have Discord servers or may coordinate their world's RP elsewhere in addition to posting here.

Roleplaying online in an MMO/forums is a little different than say, tabletop roleplaying in that for most instances, there is no form of DM/GM to guide/moderate RP. It mostly operates on a "players please respect other players' RP" style method. Granted, there are also groups who do DM their events and groups, but that is typically a coordinated and scheduled scene as opposed to any one player trying to do so in public open-world RP.

If you happen to have any questions about the RPC website, its features, any issues, etc, feel free to contact anytime!

The resources below may also help!

Now that I am here, what do I do? An introduction to Eorzea

Eorzean Lore Starter Kit

-Racial Lore Compilation

-Class/Job Lore Compilation

-Hydaelyn Geography Lore

-Settlements in Eorzea Pre-Calamity

-Eorzean City-states' Political Structures Lore

-Eorzean Units of Time and Measurement Lore

What Year Is It? Time Passage in FFXIV

Hiya there and welcome to the RPC!

I'd recommend creating a character on Mateus if your general availability lines up with North American server activity or on Omega if you tend to be more available around European hours. (At this time, there's no general agreement on where players should go if English-speaking and trying to find a larger RP population on a Japanese Data Center server.) The RPC is certainly not the end-all hub (although we'd love to be) for all RP options in FFXIV. Many smaller communities also have Discord servers or may coordinate their world's RP elsewhere in addition to posting here.

Roleplaying online in an MMO/forums is a little different than say, tabletop roleplaying in that for most instances, there is no form of DM/GM to guide/moderate RP. It mostly operates on a "players please respect other players' RP" style method. Granted, there are also groups who do DM their events and groups, but that is typically a coordinated and scheduled scene as opposed to any one player trying to do so in public open-world RP.

If you happen to have any questions about the RPC website, its features, any issues, etc, feel free to contact anytime!

The resources below may also help!

Now that I am here, what do I do? An introduction to Eorzea

Eorzean Lore Starter Kit

-Racial Lore Compilation

-Class/Job Lore Compilation

-Hydaelyn Geography Lore

-Settlements in Eorzea Pre-Calamity

-Eorzean City-states' Political Structures Lore

-Eorzean Units of Time and Measurement Lore

What Year Is It? Time Passage in FFXIV

Thank you so much! I will study every detail and get to it, once again thank you, I'll be sure to spread the word about this website to all of my RP friends