Out of Character Rules and Regulations

Qeh

COMET Rules and Regulations

Welcome to COMET. My name is Joyful Song, and at the time this is being written, I am the Free Company leader. I would like to take some time to explain the basic rules and regulations here, so please pay attention to them. They’re fairly short, so it shouldn’t take too long.

1:) Just don’t be a dick.
You’re a grown-ass adult. You know what is right and what is wrong, and that means you know what being a dick entails. 
If you post spoilers in the Free Company chat, that’s being a dick. If you take something that’s not yours, that’s being a dick. If you tell someone off in chat for disagreeing with your opinion, that’s being a dick. You roll on loot you don’t need, that’s being a dick. Respect one another. Golden rule kindergarten stuff.
You get it. You know what being a dick is. So just don’t.

2:) Help out
Carry your weight. If you’re a low level, focus on working on your classes. If you’re a gatherer, occasionally put some (good) stuff in the chest--someone might need it. If you’re a crafter, look in Discord and see if someone needs something made. If you’re a high level, ask people if they need guidance on things, or help running through something. If you’re bored and looking for something to do, try recruiting new members. Helping out is not mandatory by any means, but it’s worth doing.

3:) Opinions are like assholes…
Everybody has at least one, and they all make shit from time to time. Just because someone has a differing opinion doesn’t make anybody right or wrong. Even if they are wrong, don’t berate them about it. Just tell them what’s up, and if they don’t like it, it’s their own fault for being stubborn and dumb.

4:) Just don’t be a child
If someone is annoying you, blacklist them. If they harassing you, tell an officer. If that person is an officer and is giving you shit, tell the FC Leader. If someone says something in chat that makes you uncomfortable, settle it like an adult; ask them politely to stop. Don’t whine about it. Don’t throw a tantrum. Don’t start drama. If an Officer tells you to do something, it’s probably a good idea to listen to them.

5:) Just don’t be an idiot
Use your brain. Rape is not cool to joke about. Racism isn’t okay either. Don’t bash on LGBTQ people. Remember that you represent the Free Company in and outside of it, so maybe don’t be a giant douche-canoe in shout chat to strangers. It’s really simple shit. Honestly this still goes under that whole “don’t be a dick” thing, but I like evenly-spaced lists. Five is a nice number.

If you can’t follow basic laws of human decency in this game, you get one warning, and then you get the boot to the ass. Simple as that.

Highlights of COMET

♣Medium-Rare Membership
I don’t like big FCs. They’re too impersonal. You don’t know who the hell is who. You’re one body in a sea of other bodies. That’s dumb. On the other hand, when someone says they’re a “family friendly” FC, that usually means they are small and packed full of cliques and drama.
I hate both. So I decided to have a happy medium.

◘We do things
What’s the point in forking over cash monthly for a game you sit and do nothing on? My answer would be, there isn’t. So here at COMET, we do things. We do raids. We do trials. We kill primals. We run map groups. We Role Play. We throw parties. We do out of character stuff like movie nights and play other games together.

►Housing
Guess who has two thumbs with a large mansion in Shirogane? These guys do. Everything that’s in and outside of it was farmed, gathered, crafted, and raided for by the Free Company. What’s the point in working hard if you don’t have swaggin’ trophies to prove it? Want to check it out? Ward 2, plot 7!

•Talking and stuff
We have Discord, because it’s literally the easiest way to communicate. It can be used on mobile devices and computers alike, so the only person to blame for never knowing anything is you, and you alone. Is it mandatory? No. Is it probably a good idea to have it? Yeah. But in the event someone can’t, we have a website to manage these things.

☼ Manure smells and we don’t like it.
You’ll notice that the rules and descriptions of things are written in a way that is completely lacking in tact and finesse. It’s true, a lot of Free Companies like to keep their outside appearances professional, but I’ve personally found that once you’re on the inside, it’s a turd tornado of epic terribleness. I don’t want to mislead people leading my own FC, so I’ll be blunt when it comes to talking about things. We’re casual and loose around here--and we’re civil about things. If you can’t be civil about things, or can’t take jokes, or can’t talk about your feelings to others like an adult, you’re probably better off looking somewhere else. Is that harsh? Yeah, but it’s honest. I won’t lie to your face or sugar-coat things, and neither will the staff.
Can we be graceful and tact? Absolutely, when the time is needed for it. But this is a game to relax and enjoy ourselves in...so we’re going to. 
[Bottom line here is, we neither tolerate nor spout bullshit.]

QQ & A: ((Quick Questions and Answers.))

Q: How many members do you have?
A: 60 members total. However, our goal is to stop at 150 members and stay there. We trim down our member list if they haven't been on in a month and haven't given a notice.

Q: Do you guys RP?
A: We RP at least twice a week. (For now.) You can even come up with your own mini-missions and all sorts of stuff!

Q: Where is your house?
A: We live in a fabulously lavish mansion in Shirogane, Ward 2, plot 7! It's open house, so come on in! If you're IC and looking for a reason to come in, COMET has mammets passing out flyers looking for experts all over the world.

Q: What time are you guys active?
A: Our most active traffic is from 8:00am CST to around 11:00pm CST.

Q: What events do you do SPECIFICALLY?
A: Glad you asked. Here's our signup sheet used to coordinate events!
COMET's Meteor Shower of Events

Q: Are you LGBTQ friendly?
A: LGBTQ members are more than welcome here, and are already here. Members of staff fall into the "L" and "G" categories as is. We don't care who you like to love, just as long as you're not a dick or a creeper.
NOTICE: LGBTQ stands for -- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual, and Questioning and/or Queer. That LAST letter is a huge point of note, as it means someone is exploring their identity as a male/female. If you've got a "kintype", or are "genderfluid" (meaning you change pronouns constantly) you will need to reconsider joining us here. It's too much of a hassle for staff to keep up, and it can make other users viciously uncomfortable.