COMET Basic IC information

Qeh

C.O.M.E.T

"Hello there. I am Joyful Song, founder and proprietor of C.O.M.E.T. Growing up in Sharlayan, I took to understanding that keeping knowledge safe was one of the most important things one could do with their life...however, not all people share such a goal, and some others still are keen to hoard things for their own sakes. I am, however...cut from a different sort of cloth.

As a member of this establishment, The Collector's Organization of Magitechnical and Esoteric Treasures, you are charged with one simple task: find your passion, and keep it safe here, with us. We take all kinds here, as you might have noticed on your way in... After all, who better to understand the value of a plant's leaf than an Alchemist, and who better to know to tend to an ancient blade than one who forges them from scratch? Artisan craftsmen, hunters of beasts, researchers, historians, mages, engineers--I've a place for any soul whose love of their interest drives them to make sure that knowledge is kept safe for future generations to learn from.

Once you've joined our establishment, you'll have free reign of our estate, at least the parts that pertain to your specific field of interest. We've state-of-the-art facilities here, from our library, to our kitchens, to our infirmaries, and our large acres for housing specimens. Room and board are, of course, provided absolutely for free. All I ask of you is that you make progress; you are, as of your membership, a seeker of knowledge...so go out and find something."

TL;DR -- COMET is a lot of things...a Library, a Research Center, a Museum, a Zoo, a Botanical Garden, an Airship Yard, a Training Facility, a Relics Restoration site... If your character has a passion to learn things and preserve them, whether it's studying rocks, making swords, killing monsters, plundering tombs, or keeping old things looking new, C.O.M.E.T will give you a place to stay and all the money and/or resources you need to see it done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:] A Seeker Must Seek Something.
Whether you're researching something new, reviving something old, hunting down a dangerous monster, or inventing a new item, you have to be doing something. If you're doing nothing, why are you even here?

2:] Know when to fight, and how.
Every one of you needs to be able to defend themselves somehow. Some basic combat ability is required in this line of work; you never know what you'll run into.

3:] Don't lose your card.
No matter what happens, the title of "Seeker" cannot be taken from you. However, we will not give you a second card, irregardless of the circumstance in which you lost it. If you cannot be responsible enough to keep it safe, you are simply unworthy to have it.

4:] Friendly Fire is on.
You may neither harm nor kill your coworkers, unless given special permission. If you betray COMET in any fashion, you will be considered an enemy and dealt with in accordance to your crime.

5:] You can get promoted.
If you perform well in your respective field, you will be promoted, giving you more access and control over whatever it is you do, and will give you senior authority over others. [[Think of it as extra EXP from a Dungeon Master if you do something creative.]]

6:] Created Equal.
All "Seekers" are equal in standing, regardless of their field. A Seeker of the Culinary is no more or less a Seeker than a Seeker of Beasts. I won't have any member-measuring contests here.

7:] Be Civil.
All members of the housing staff are to be treated with respect. Period. They are the reason the estate is in pristine order. They are the reason there is food on your plate. A thank you is the least that is in order.

8:] Be Smart.
Knowledge must be kept safe, no matter the cost--however if it is too dangerous to be kept, record what you can, and dispose of it safely.

9:] COMET is NEUTRAL.
While we have no direct interference with the Garlean War, if interests allign, members are permitted to become involved temporarily. Some people may feel differently; however, all that matters is that COMET is still standing when the war is done, no matter who wins.

10:] COMET Comes First.
You may freely serve whatever smaller factions you are affiliated with; your home-town, your city-state, your Grand Company, and your friends--at the end of the day however, COMET takes priority over all of them. You report to me over all others; your application said as much, you submitted it, so you've agreed to it.

Edited by Qeh