Alright, I'll stop yelling in Ul'dah!

Hello again folks, it's been a long while since I've been here...I've returned to Balmung and am looking to join a wonderful FC as well as make more than a few friends. I miss having folks to talk to and digging into decent RP's or....more. Anywho, I hope you're all doin well!

Edited by Scaith
54 minutes ago, Lydia Lightfoot said:

Hello Scaith! Welcome back to Balmung-land! 

What kind of FC are you looking for, besides "wonderful"? :D I'm sure we'd all claim our FCs meet that qualification!

Something moderately sized, within the 30-60 range of people with (obviously) a RP mindset and mayhaps a theme? I'm just sorely without friends and confidants

12 minutes ago, Scaith said:

Something moderately sized, within the 30-60 range of people with (obviously) a RP mindset and mayhaps a theme? I'm just sorely without friends and confidants

The bold part there might be tough... there aren't very many RP FCs that have so many players in them, at least not active ones. From my observation the best most FCs seem to reach is 8-10 regularly-present players, with the rest of the number (whatever that total may be) being infrequent or entirely inactive. 

Now, that's not to say RP is dying, not by any means. It's just that beyond a certain number of active players, the likelihood rises that there will be segregated cliques within an FC, and when that happens, a fracture is all but guaranteed, and one clique shuffles off to make their own different FC. That's especially true if they can manage to get ahold of a house. More houses in FF14 has meant that more FCs can get a house, which means there's less incentive to stick with a less-than-ideal FC for the sake of continuing to have a house to RP in (whereas before, with less houses, there were some larger FCs even with cliques, because none of them wanted to go without a house to RP in).

Anyway! :) If something with less players (but seeking more) might be to your liking, I could certainly tell you about my FC, but if you're determined to hold out for a rare large one, then of course I'd understand - I can't think of any I'm aware of off the top of my head, but if I came across a big one like that, I could always refer them your way.

HI there, fellow returner! As Lydia said, there's just not as many FCs hanging around, and most I have seen aren't that large. In fact, almost half of the RPers I see out there don't have a FC. Doesn't mean there aren't events happening, however. There's something almost every night, and even more people talking about opening events up. Plus, most folks are nice enough to call out in the cities, still, and let people know of upcoming events.

Thank you guys both for the info, I guess my time on other servers has spoiled me too much for thinking there were massive FC still running about... I want to hear more about the smaller ones then or at least more LS as well since I've joined one that's meant for Suncat tribal RP! Anyone got any others they'd suggest for a more....mature theme? Also if you want to add me as a friend, my name there is Scaith Nightspeaker.

Unsure what their recruitment and such is like, but Fool's Covenant is pretty large. I dunno what other sizable RP FC's there are at the moment; most prefer to keep things smaller for easy management and the ability to focus more on individual stories.

Lol I sent you the info, Lydia and thank you Faye, I might look at it, though I'm starting to understand the need for smaller FC's and the wants for it! I'm on now looking for friends as well as doing my roulettes