Ala Mhigan Looking For Connections

Hey all,

Completely new to this site, so I hope I am doing this right, but feel free to let me know if it isn't in the right place. When Balmung opened back up for the first time following the release of Stormblood, I managed to get a few blank characters in for future use, and though I didn't do anything initially, I am now looking to make use of them. I will preface this with saying that a good number of things aren't set in stone about the character, but what little I do have in terms of what I would definitely like to do with him is have him be an Ala Mhigan Highlander and also be a Monk. So, what follows is a very flexible, unfinished and rough draft idea for a story for the character, Ranulf.

Ranulf was one of twin sons born to a couple at one of the Temples of the Fist. Alongside his brother, he trained on the temple grounds until the day when the Mad King's forces stormed the temple grounds laying waste to all in their path. Though their parents were slain, the boys were among those lucky enough to escape with their lives, secreted away by one of the Fist adepts. Like many Ala Mhigans, they eventually found themselves in Thanalan, where the adept who had saved their lives attempted to help them and eke out something of an existence. While he served as something of a parental figure to the now orphaned boys, he still felt the loss of the temple and not standing with his brothers in arms keenly, falling into a depression. As the years would pass, he would attempt to teach the boys what little he could, and they would take to the lessons with gusto, whilst attempting to make a living in and around Ul'dah, a life that was not easy by any marker. 

Essentially what I am looking for; 

Family
What I would love most for him is someone who wanted to roleplay as his twin brother. I'd be happy to work on a look that works for both of us in this regard or any other details that would make this work.

Master
It would be great if I could find someone willing to roleplay as the person who helped he and his brother escape from the Mad King's purge as children and who essentially taught him all he knows about the monkhood and served as something of a surrogate parental figure to him.

Friends
Given the insular nature of the Ala Mhigan refugees, I'd love for him to have some people who he could know from among those who fled the fallen city-state, be they people he knew growing up in that community, or people who he could come to know in the future.

Others
People who he would have known from having lived in and around Ul'dah, be they general acquaintances or people who may have hired him for work, be it menial labor or mercenary work when he was older.

As I said, what I am working with is only very rough and I would be happy to change or work around anything above in a way that works for all parties involved and brainstorm anything we can. As for roleplay style, I have been rping for a good few years now, mostly in FFXIV, and have loved it from minute one. I am a flexible, multi-paragraph writer, and hope for something similar if able. I prefer MRP and am open for romance/erp (male leanings) if the story/characters call for it. I wanna take some time working on leveling him and all of that (I am insanely ocd when it comes to completionism in rpgs) so I am happy to take time brainstorming and working on anything with people if they are interested. I live on the east-coast of Australia, so my times may be a bit out of sync, but I am more than happy to also make use of Discord in order to facilitate conversations or even roleplay when the need arises for alternatives, though I do much prefer in-game rp when it can be done.

Thanks for reading my wall of text, and feel 100% free to message me for any queries or interest about this at all. Looking forward to meeting people!

Edited by Reignulfr
General editing

Hi Ranulf! Welcome!

With your location in Australia, do you find yourself nevertheless generally available during North American "prime time" hours (somewhere in the 6pm to 1am range, Eastern time zone)? Or are you mostly looking to connect with others who have availability to RP during your own time zone's evening hours?

I actually find myself able to jump on roughly around the peak population hours so I don't find the timezone to be too much of an issue. That being said, I won't turn away people who are active during the equivalent hours in AEST either haha.

Excellent! I'd asked mostly because the bulk of the friends I have tend to be available around those NA evening-ish hours (same as me!) and so if you'd be wholly unavailable during those times anyway, then it'd probably just frustrate you to have been introduced to a bunch of people you wouldn't get much RP with anyway. xD

BUT, it sounds like we're all good for that, so, poke me via Discord if you want to meet some potential friends! :3