Enthusiasm Check

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, well break as much ice as you'd like.  I'm currently trying to figure out the group's backstory after the space time contiuum got roofied at the Battle of Carteneau.

Speaking of which was this guild made before or after 'The battle of such epicness we all just kind of forgot'?

Ok, well break as much ice as you'd like.  I'm currently trying to figure out the group's backstory after the space time contiuum got roofied at the Battle of Carteneau.

Speaking of which was this guild made before or after 'The battle of such epicness we all just kind of forgot'?

Well, the majority of people who are playing are kind of new; I think it would make sense to do it after; as to not pressure anyone to have to fit their story around the Calamity. I never actually played 1.0 but I am trying to connect something with Mathias (or whatever his name will be) into the Calamity.

Then again, it's Aldeus' choice.

The way I am building my toon's backstory, I think she would fit in best being a brand new member (having just joined in the last month) or not having joined quite yet.

^ See, that's the thing, everyone got time warped to the future.  They pop back at different times, and those that got warped had their names and faces forgotten.

So even if they were in the group prior to the battle no one would remember them being in?

I don't think one has to worry about fitting their personal backstory to the linkshell's; as they can just come on as a new recruit.

I like the idea of being a new recruit.

I would be interested in something like this. Not sure what class/job I will have but it will be some type of healing or support one. 

The most important thing to me is linkshell that sticks together and has each others back (All for one and one for all). The kind that RP together (drinks in the tavern and such), quests together (helping others out in the world), and does End Game together (takes down major threats to Eorzea side by side with their comrades.)

This one seems to have that feel to it if I am not mistaken.

The most important thing to me is linkshell that sticks together and has each others back (All for one and one for all). The kind that RP together (drinks in the tavern and such), quests together (helping others out in the world), and does End Game together (takes down major threats to Eorzea side by side with their comrades.)

You are mistaken.  This is actually just a really elaborate troll post.  JK of course, I'd very much like it to be all the things you just mentioned.

You are mistaken.  This is actually just a really elaborate troll post.  JK of course, I'd very much like it to be all the things you just mentioned.

That would have been both horrible and epic. Could you imagine? Gathering all those people in game and then just go 'JK lol'

I would be interested in something like this. Not sure what class/job I will have but it will be some type of healing or support one. 

Yay! I think Moon joined this site right around the same time i did good to see you ^_^

I'm sure we'll be a group that looks out for one another

I've been browsing the linkshell thread for a few days and I'm interested in your idea. You've almost sold me as a leader on how fast you got that idea 'to the page'. Will linkshell chat be IC? I cant wait for more info on what you are thinking about.

Moonfire basically summed up what I want in a guild as well.

I'm pretty much always a healer in games whether im rp or not. I wish I had known about roleplaying in FFXI but I did not. I was a white mage there for years. 

I'll be right back to this thread after lunch. I'm really interested in finding a great rp guild.