New to FF RP - Hello!

svee

Hi all! Very nice to be here.

I want to say a few OOC personal things first:

My name is Sunny, I am 20 years old, and I am an artist/animation student also studying web design and development and currently working in graphic and print design. I love cartoons, superheroes, and video games. I also love to chat and make friends!

I have been roleplaying with friends for a long, long time, but I have never RPed in a MMO community. This is actually the first MMO I have stuck with for more than 3 days, if I'm being honest. I stumbled upon the RPC on accident, because someone else had "RPC" in their search info. It is so nice to see you all - my boyfriend and I have been building up backstories for our characters, and it has made me desperately miss RP in general. This community seems well-known for its RP community and its friendliness, and I was really excited about that!

As for my character, her name is G'svyla Tyanu (more known as Svyla or Svee), and, as I stated, I have been slowly building up her character with my boyfriend and his character, so I have a few ideas.... but some are not as fleshed out. You can view my Tumblr profile page for her here, which has more details, but here is a summary:

• After suffering an injury during early practice with thaumaturgy, she changed to become an archer/bard, swearing off magic forever - though that doesn't last long. She regularly switches between the two positions, as consistently using magic is difficult for her to handle emotionally due to her injury.
  • She was born and raised in Gridania, and, though she loves the Black Shroud, she has very bad family relations. She moved to Limsa Lominsa to escape her situation, joining the Maelstrom and becoming a pirate.
  • She makes her living off crafting and doing odd tasks as an archer/mage for those who do not want to do things themselves. She doesn't consider herself a hero by any means, and only gets involved in "hero work" by total accident.
  • Because of her poor family situation, she essentially raised herself, which makes her social skills...poor. She is quiet - so quiet that strangers often interpret her as being rude. She simply just does not like to talk to strangers, though, and would rather avoid conversation than engage in small talk. She has more important and more engaging things to do than socialize.
  • She is incredibly stubborn, bullheaded, and optimistic to a fault—she'll dive right into things, be totally over her head, and continue to insist that everything is fine even if it very much isn't. She can have a prideful streak, and her lack of trust in others makes it difficult for her to accept help.

...And here are some things I am still deciding on:

• Svyla has two different colored eyes, one having a special marking underneath it - in her backstory, I have decided that she has suffered a terrible accident at her own hand while practicing thaumaturgy at a young age. What I cannot decide, though, is the effects that this injury has caused - she has more scarring on her face than the game allows, and I have decided she can't see normally out of that eye, but what kind of skill would be beneficial for a black mage with a "magic eye"? Can she see the life-source of other beings, or can she detect void energy with that eye? Only time will tell, truly.
  • I am toying with the idea that she can shapeshift! As a huge Fire Emblem fan, I immediately noticed the physical similarities between miqo'te and the Cat Laguz, and I immediately wanted to make a "beast form" for Svee as well. Art to come on my blog eventually! If there are any other shapeshifter characters out there, I would love to talk about the concept more. I'm sure this isn't an original idea, but I adore it.
  • She is somewhat of a self-insert character, and I reflected a lot of my own personality into her, but she very much stands alone as her own separate character. I guess that is what comes with her being the player character, and I'm positive I'm not the only one who does this!

A question for everyone: since I have never RPed outside of with friends, are there any helpful tips or advice you can give me? I plan on being a more light RPer, and if you encounter me in-game and don't specify you're a RPC, I'll definitely be OOC, since I love to chat with people.

(Also, tell me about your characters!)

Nice to meet you all! I tend to lurk on forums, but I am hoping to be more active in this community, since I am so involved in the game. If you see me around on Zalera, say hi! I frequent Duty Roulette, so maybe we'll bump into each other. Hope to see you around!

svbabby.png

svycon.jpg

Edited by svee

Hello Svee! I'm also new to RP in MMOs, but I've otherwise been role-playing on forums for a long time. I had to reply when I saw you were also a Fire Emblem and Laguz fan! I've also been toying with the idea of a feral form for my char, but I'm not sure how canon they are to XIV. 🤔