Your Character's Star Sign

Midori

Following our Earth astrology instead of any kind of Eorzean equivalent, what's your character's star sign?

Do they fit the typical description of that sign, go against it, or fall somewhere in between?

What do they like about their sign, and what don't they like? 

As in sign of the zodiac? Hollow would be a Gemini, in that case. Let's see, according to this randomly googled website, that's:

Strengths: Gentle, affectionate, curious, adaptable, ability to learn quickly and exchange ideas

Weaknesses: Nervous, inconsistent, indecisive

Gemini likes: Music, books, magazines, chats with nearly anyone, short trips around the town

Gemini dislikes: Being alone, being confined, repetition and routine

Expressive and quick-witted, Gemini represents two different personalities in one and you will never be sure which one you will face. They are sociable, communicative and ready for fun, with a tendency to suddenly get serious, thoughtful and restless. They are fascinated with the world itself, extremely curious, with a constant feeling that there is not enough time to experience everything they want to see.

Mm, not quite Hollow. 'Gentle' and 'curious' would apply, but not 'affectionate' or 'adaptable' - he's a bit of a stick-in-the-mud, in my head. Open-minded about other people doing things, but he wouldn't be one to follow suit himself. Probably not 'nervous' or 'inconsistent' either, though perhaps 'indecisive'. He would tend to go with the flow of things, so he might be a bit flat-footed if asked what his opinion is on a course of action. For Hollow's weaknesses, probably something more like 'distant' or 'slow to form emotional attachments', something like that. Friendly, but not quick to friendship.

He'd probably also like most of those listed dislikes - solitude, the comfort of routine. Not being confined, but does anyone like being confined? Unless you're doing fun-times with handcuffs, I mean. He's not particularly expressive or sociable, though the serious and thoughtful characteristics would fix, as would the fascination with the world itself and a want to experience things.

• 3 months later...

Symbol: The Scorpion
Element: Water
Ruling Planet: Pluto — the planet of power and regeneration
Body Part: Crotch, reproductive organs
Good Day: Magnetic, passionate, loyal, protective, trendsetting, brave
Bad Day: Obsessive, possessive, jealous, secretive, vengeful, manipulative
Favorite Things: Underground music, spicy food, an air of danger, one-of-a-kind objects, wireless devices, organic ingredients, vinyl
What You Hate: Simple-minded people, insincere flattery, personal questions, living at someone else’s house
Secret Wish: To have complete and total control
How to Spot Them: Intense eyes, a hawk-like gaze, smooth movements
Where You’ll Find Them: In the studio producing a platinum album, sitting at the corner table of an underground bar, taking things apart and figuring how to put them back together again
Keywords: Intimacy, Sex, Secrecy, Power, Intensity, Obsession

Let's see.

Element fits. Nymeia is her deity.

Power and regeneration? Maybe? She's a scholar, so she deals damage and heals - fits.

Body Part...okay, I do think she's headcanonly in heat during New Moon. But she is not a nymphomaniac. Still fits.

Good day...totally, although I would not subscribe to the term "magnetic". Fits.

Bad day...actually just jealous, secretive and vengeful. She's too simple-minded, when mad, to become obsessive, possessive or manipulative. 50 percent fit.

Favorite Things All of the above except for music and vinyl. She likes classical music, folk music and smooth fabrics. Fits.

What You Hate This, I must admit, is very true, especially insincere flattering and living at someone else's house are disliked. Fits very well.

Secret Wish: No. Absolutely NO. Where's the fun if all is controlled by her? She loves the coincidence and the surprise encounters. No fit at all.

How to Spot them: I don't know about the hawk-like gaze and the smooth movements - she may possess that sometimes, but to be honest, most likely, only intense eyes may fit. Not like she looks particularly scorpio-ish, anyway. Not really a fit.

Where You'll find them: This is oddly specific and aside from lore-breaking, too ambitious for her at the moment. No fit either.

Keywords: None of the above actually fit well. No fit.

I think that Simhi, would she know about this, would be shocked about how much of a femme fatale and how intense it might make her appear, although she is none of that to a great extent especially considering all she wants from her adventure is to create lots of bonds, friendships mainly since that's what she considers the fun in life.