New FFXIV player stepping into the Mateus RP scene! :)

Greetings fellow roleplayers!

As the title indicated I am a new player to FFXIV who has an interest in getting into the RP scene here. I come from a pretty experienced roleplayer background having done everything from forums, chat rooms, tabletop RPGs, and several online games and MMOs. Getting to learn FFXIV and it's lore has been a good opportunity to try something new and refreshing. I'd never done RP in any Final Fantasy world before and I've been finding Eorzea much to my liking. The game is gorgeous and the story has been very engaging. It's been such a breath of fresh air after being seriously burned out on other MMOs currently on offer right now. So this served to stole my desires to start working out my character and creating some of my own stories with other players. ☺️

After recently finding this place I figured I'd come introduce myself and ask for some friendly advice. I'd like to get the lay of the land and find out what resources are available for finding roleplayers, researching lore, and so on. I'm already in a small RP-focused FC run by a friend. But I don't intend to let that stop me from making some friends elsewhere.

Anyways that's pretty much it. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Welcome to Hydaelyn and the RPC! 

Since you're on Mateus, I'd recommend checking out their big RP Hub Discord for finding RP contacts, as well as shuffling through the Linkshells and Free Companies tabs above.

https://discord.gg/HPbYNFU

As far as lore goes, I'd recommend starting with the link below! The Lore Index has several large compilations on various general subjects and is always growing!

Lore Index

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or on the forums!