Mateus - Keeper Conjurer needs contacts & clients!

Hallo!

Now usually I prefer sun cattes, but I went and added a Keeper to my alt army. Turns out I rather like her. Quite a bit, even. Problem is she has next to no contacts at all and so I've not roleplayed as her much for a long time which is something I'd love to change and so I reach out to you!

But why don't I just go and hang out in Quicksand like everybody else? I don't do well with crowds. It's always been like that regardless of the MMO I roleplay in. It gets easily overwhelming to try and stay on track with what's going on when the chatlog is constantly rolling like a conveyor belt. Used to be a little easier in WoW thanks to class colours for names in chatlog, but in FFXIV I often end up just getting frustrated. The dumb fact that it keeps yanking the log back to the newest messages while you're trying to scroll back to read stuff doesn't help either. Hard to enjoy the RP when all your focus goes into simply trying to stay on track of things. Been quite a few times when I've missed out on people trying to make a connection with me in a crowd, but I end up missing them either due to me trying to focus on whoever I am RPing with at the time or just inability to read everything. The fewer people there are the better.

This doesn't mean however that all RP done with me would be done behind locked doors or in the most desolate corner of the world. If you want me to accompany you to some event or public RP hotspot, I can and will. Just be aware that it may affect my input significantly.

Okay! Now to the character. Her name is Moshi Puja and as mentioned in the topic title, she's a Keeper of the Moon and a conjurer. She has her own tiny reception in Lavender Beds where she can cure the ailing, dabble a little in alchemy and even provide a bed for a client should the treatments or their injuries require them to stay put overnight. Where does she sleep? Probably in a basket, in a corner.

Despite having her own reception already, she's in a way still learning as she was given the title of conjurer only a few years ago. In addition to conjury, she has also studied a bit of alchemy for pharmaceutical needs and a couple lessons in massages. Just don't order the latter from her or you'll need another session of massage, from someone more proficient.

So what is she like as a person? One could describe her as a 'small town Shroud girl'. She's of simple origins and holds a troublesome past, but the latter would be hard to guess as she puts on a positive face. She's an altruistic soul who helps others where she can and asks little if anything in return. She has hardly ever ventured beyond the Black Shroud, not even visited any of the other city states yet. You bet she'll find some excuse to stay regardless of the direction you'd set out to from the Shroud. North is too cold, south is too hot, east is too dusty and west is just fk'd up(not referring to you, sunny La Noscea). So yeah, a real Shroud girl who loves the gloomy dark and humid nights of the forest. And all the bugs. And morbols.

For those interested in such, romance with Moshi is also an option. While she does have her racial preferences, she can swoon over both men and women. It's going to take a little more than just a wink though.

Now after that little insight into my character, I'll let you know what you can expect from me as a fellow roleplayer. First off is lack of drama, or at least it's something I strive for. Don't like it, don't want it. I'm also lore-adherent. While I'm no expert on lore and I'm happy to hear if I'm doing it wrong, I do my darnest to stick to the lore of the game and RP what is plausible. Should lore be lacking, I use common sense. I do that with many things. All in all I'm a considerate person. I also enjoy me some PvE content, but I'm pretty casual about it. I've skipped most raids and EX trials.

And I am also a terrible altoholic. Always been, always will be. Even in a game as alt-unfriendly as FFXIV I still have 11 characters. Well technically 13, but those two are practically just unused lvl 1 toons serving as placeholders. Despite having so many characters, I actually RP only on a few of them actively. Most are just by request or if I feel like having a bit of change. I'd even go as far as to say that I don't truly have a 'main' RP character, not in the truest sense.

Now for something that is likely to cause some problems, considering Mateus is US server. I'm not US myself, I'm European. UTC+2 to be specific. Another reason why I don't often go to crowded RP hotspots or public events. The real activity starts so late for me. In most cases I would need to plan ahead for it as I hardly make for enjoyable company for RP when I'm equivalent to a zombie and nowhere near as dapper as the Gentle Dead Men. Plus my long period of unemployment is coming to an end in the not so distant future, so once I start working I won't be able to RP according to US times except on Fridays and Saturdays unless you're around early. If you happen to be EU as well, noice!

Reply your interest to this thread or poke me with a PM. Whether you want just another friend, a healer to provide succor for temporary(or regular) ails or looking for a new pupil(for conjury/alchemy), Moshi holds out her heart to you!

Edited by X'neela

Your character sounds lovely. :) 
If you'd like you're more than welcome to check out Uranami Onsen, we're still rather small but are still building. 
We are an FC that provides relaxation, healing and succor to weary travelers and adventurers. 
http://uranami-onsen.tumblr.com/ or our FC posting here on the RPC. 
You would be certainly welcome to run a practice out of our FC as well, considering our times might not always match due to timezone. We're not overly strict on things like attendance; IRL always comes first.

Edited by Fox
8 hours ago, Fox said:

Your character sounds lovely. :) 
If you'd like you're more than welcome to check out Uranami Onsen, we're still rather small but are still building. 
We are an FC that provides relaxation, healing and succor to weary travelers and adventurers. 
http://uranami-onsen.tumblr.com/ or our FC posting here on the RPC. 
You would be certainly welcome to run a practice out of our FC as well, considering our times might not always match due to timezone. We're not overly strict on things like attendance; IRL always comes first.

Hey! Sent you a PM.

• 4 weeks later...