I have this idea...

I haven't really been able to rp much in arr since I can only be on for three months at a time then I'm off of it far longer but I had this thought, I want to make a Sun Seeker Miqo who may be half Moon Keeper and I was wondering, would it be weird if she were given to a Nuhn as some kind of gift? Or would that be too much of a stretch? I might end up changing it but, I kind of like this idea at the moment. Also, would a Seeker who's half Keeper even work? Because I made her in the benchmark and I kind of like her design a lot plus, I kind of REALLY like both of them for different reasons and wanted to perhaps combine them in some way? 

Mixes of Keepers and Seekers tends to be social outcasts- They're not rare, but there's still some ancestral feuds and stigma running through Miqo'te culture. As far as I remember, it has been noted that mixed children end up abandoned, sometimes adopted by other races. Your character might be able to go undected in a stranger tribe/clan, though they'd likely have to actively try and conceal the things that set them apart- and they'd probably have an easiest time where-ever their eyes match the rest (Keepers have round pupils, seekers have the more cat like slitted pupils). As for being given to a Nunh as a gift, it would be atypical, as Nunhs usually have to prove their worth to win over a female- It's not so much a position of power where they can demand or own a female, but that's not to say there couldn't be a tribe out there which has some different social norms. You would just have to remember to reflect that it is unusual and there may be raised eyebrows from fellow Miqo'tes. Most tribal Miqo'te roleplayers tend to "headcanon" their tribal family history so as not to affect other people who have decided to pick the same tribe.

Keeper and Seeker hybrids usually don't fit well in either society since both traditional cultures are pretty much at opposites. This generally means that either the female or the male will have to adapt to the culture of the other, or that both totally drop their tribal culture or already live in cities like standard hyurs (which is already a huge chunk of the miqo'te population anyway).

This to say that such unions between tribal mooncats and suncats, if they were just made in the moment without regard for the future, usually end up badly and the children might probably face hardships. 

Either way, even if Nunhs only exist in a position of power because the females allow it (those are usually the best and most hardened hunters and fighters of seeker tribes, I feel that most nunhs, while skilled, might just get splattered by a lot of the best females of their own tribes that spend their days actually outside and hunting), I don't see your case as an impossibility for two reasons:

1) Nothing says that a specific subtribe can't have an authoritarian leader, or a very harsh local culture without much regard for empathy, and more devotion to strength and honor and whatnot.

2) A hybrid not even born in the tribe would probably never be considered as a true member of it. As a combination with the above, I don't see why not.

The main problem in my eyes is that I also don't see a true reason for it to happen. Why would anyone offer the nunh such a "gift"? At least anyone from the tribe. But maybe a traveling merchant? A slaver? That's a real possibility here. Things start to get murky and complicated however when you try to imagine what happens next...

1) Why would all the seeker females, especially the proud ones, allow the nunh to mate with an outsider, and not even a full seeker at that? How would they take to see the nunh considering her as their equal in bed? How would they feel to see children come out of this? 

2) If said tribe isn't full of despicable bastards, I have a hard time seeing how nobody would have a problem with the nunh mating with a stranger like a sex slave (unless your character is somehow okay with being a sexual gift I guess...)? You'd be better going for the Coeurlclaw king at this point, the problem wouldn't really arise here.

3) Why would the nunh accept such a gift? The nunh can be a clueless and pervert idiot with some solid backing of friends though, but you can see how it's not so easy to come with.

You however have other possibilities:

1) Going directly for the Coeurlclaw king, even if that's going for a keeper instead of a seeker. Coeurlclaws are bandits and reprobates with a king and a few males exploiting desperate keeper females or whatever they fancy. A lot of those females actually have no real better choice than to stay willingly with the only hand willing to feed them.

2) Creating your own coeurlclaw clan of reprobates, on the seeker side. Can be a small circle of a dozen criminals or outcasts, nothing too huge to upset the lore (but that's up to you).

3) Going for any other group of people being okay with sexual slavery or arranged female trade because to this point, there isn't much a difference except they wouldn't necessarily be seeker only (Corpse Brigade, Serpent Reavers, etc).

In any case if you manage to explain all that you can also come with interesting shenanigans. The nunh could be totally hitting on your race hybrid and cause a lot of ruckuss in the tribe, damaging his own reputation so much that he would constantly get challenged by Tias despising him, see a certain amount of females denying him for everything, and putting him into a more and more awkward position.

Now then, if you didn't mean a sexual gift but more like a gift that the nunh would eventually consider as an adopted child or something, then you'll probably not come into as many issues probably. All in all, nunhs and especially tias are probably taking care of seeker children on a day to day basis more than their own mothers that are away hunting anyway.

Edited by Valence

Hmm, I see I see. You make very solid points. I actually didn't think of the men being the only ones to take care of the kids. I'll probably change it and rethink everything, thank you for the information and insight. I think I have an idea to fix all this already. ^_^

I mean, I didn't mean to say that it's always the men to take care of the kids. This was kinda tongue in cheek on my behalf to say that. This might not be true. Or true for some tribes and not others. For instance the U tribe in the Sagolii all seem to be hunters if you speak to them, even the Tias, although the greatest of them all is a female hunter, U'lamana.

On the other hand M'naago sister in the Peering Stones for the M tribe states that the Tias are "just here to challenge the nunh", and "if they fail, they remain as tia, or go attempt to create tribes of their own". But it's also possible she's mostly getting free snipes at M'zhet Tia who's a lost cause.

What I'm trying to say is that it's not binary by any mean.

Edited by Valence