RP Noob - Nameday Question

Hi all,

I am new to RP but have been playing FFXIV for over 6 months. I have created a new character for RPing and am trying to create her history. I have a question but I'm sure there'll be more as I continue to build Evie's history 🙂

Evianne's nameday is on the 21st Sun of the 1st Umbral Moon, I am unable to work out when this actually was in the FFXIV timeline. Please can someone explain when this is? 

To figure out birthdays and other important dates I use this guide - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/182513-Eorzean-Calendar-to-Gregorian-Calendar-Quick-Guide. According to the guide your character was born on February 19th. The way I remember months is that there are six moons with an astral and an umbral. Since there's an astral and umbral of each moon, that makes for the 12 months on our calendar. We start at the first moon at first astral, which is January, then first umbral which is February, then second astral which is March, and second umbral which is April and so on and so forth. It takes awhile to get used to and you don't really have to get used to it, just use that link. 

1 hour ago, SapphireSkylines said:

To figure out birthdays and other important dates I use this guide - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/182513-Eorzean-Calendar-to-Gregorian-Calendar-Quick-Guide. According to the guide your character was born on February 19th. The way I remember months is that there are six moons with an astral and an umbral. Since there's an astral and umbral of each moon, that makes for the 12 months on our calendar. We start at the first moon at first astral, which is January, then first umbral which is February, then second astral which is March, and second umbral which is April and so on and so forth. It takes awhile to get used to and you don't really have to get used to it, just use that link. 

Thank you 🙂

Is there a way to work out when the nameday is in relation to the calamity?

35 minutes ago, Evianne Cloudamelle said:

Is there a way to work out when the nameday is in relation to the calamity?

The IRL date the 1.0 servers shut down (the Calamity) was 11th of November, or the "12th Sun of the Sixth Astral Moon" translating that to the Eorzean calendar. In lore, the Calamity occurred 5~6 years ago from the present time.