[Discord] Seeking off-game RP

Rory

Hi all. First time using the RPC forums; this might be an unusual post.

I used to play FFXIV and dabble in RP. I really like the world/atmosphere and enjoyed my brief RP experience, but some things about the game frustrate me, so I've been taking a break for a while. I'm not planning to return to FFXIV at the moment, but I'd love to get back into RP and more seriously this time, so I'm looking for some Discord-based RP opportunities. You can be from any FFXIV server; I played on Balmung before, but if I do come back to the game I'm willing to transfer or create elsewhere.

I. Basic Info

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Medium-heavy. I tend to focus on character development and emotional content; I'm most interested in story elements that tie into this. Sometimes it takes some coordination to set this stuff up right, and sometimes IC emotion does threaten to overwhelm people IRL, so a willingness to keep OOC communication open and respectful is a must.
  • Views on RP combat and injuries: I think combat should have realistic outcomes given the abilities and motivations of the characters involved. So not a fan of unmodified /random  Generally I'd prefer to discuss an agreeable result ahead of time for any serious encounters.
  • Views on IC romance: I'm willing to include this, but it needs to develop naturally and over time ICly and be agreed on OOCly first. I am not interested in ERP and would rather fade-to-black sexual content unless highly relevant for character development. Any attempt to bleed an IC romantic relationship into OOC or demand that I play my character only when your character is also present and we're through, IC and OOC.
  • Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): I am in general open to others' characters having pre-existing relationships to mine, but please consult with me OOCly first so we can make sure it makes sense with established history / characterization. 
  • Views on lore: I prefer to remain mostly within the bounds of established lore. I'm open to "what else makes sense" given what we know and the invention of minor details where the lore is silent, but I like the world as written, so please don't outright contradict it.
  • Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc): Just in case I do come back to the game: I generally assume that /say and /emote are IC iff the player has the RP tag on. (( Brackets )) can be used to specify OOC. /linkshells can be IC if they're specifically set up that way; they do exist in lore. /yell is useful for emphasis / announcements during events but too audible too far to be realistic as IC all the time. /shout is right out. 

III. Other Info

• Timezone: Central (GMT-6)
  • Contact info: PM me here for initial discussion, will provide Discord handle if things work out!

Edited by Rory
Cleaned up formatting, added links to Making Connections post