[Discord] Newly-liberated Ala Mhigan seeks work, life

Looking for something a little different here: RP on Discord, rather than on FFXIV itself. For more info on my situation and RP preferences, see my Player Directory post. Feel free to contact me no matter what FFXIV server you play on, if you're willing to play on Discord!

Hrodrich Thorne is one of the unlucky Ala Mhigans who did not manage to flee the Garlean occupation in time. For 20 years, he endured Imperial subjugation, passing in and out of work camps and taking whatever jobs he could get in between to feed himself and pay Garlemald’s onerous taxes. Now that Ala Mhigo has been liberated, he seeks an identity and purpose of his own, out from under the heel of those who considered him a savage.

I am open to most RP themes and welcome interest from any players / characters who might want to make a difference in his life, for good or ill. Existing connections, friend or foe, are welcome, but I have established he has no living immediate family. Ideally, someone might take him under their wing and teach him something to find value in -- a trade, perhaps, or magic, or even how to fight. But even a passing conversation with someone might end up having an outsize influence on him, by helping him realize what freedom truly means and/or what might be possible in life beyond toiling for pennies. And anyone willing to take advantage of his lack of self-determination could likely mold him into whatever they wanted -- but let's discuss that OOC, at least in general terms, to make sure it's in my comfort zone before committing.

Drop me a PM here if any of this interests you, and we'll see what we can work out. Thanks!

Edited by Rory
Clarification of what I'm looking for.
  • 3 weeks later...