Jebe Qestir

Sycrian

Character Name: Jebe of the Qestir

Character Age: He doesn’t even really know. (Early 30’s)

Character Gender: Male

Character Race: Xaela Au Ra

Character Profession: Hunter/Nomad/Kumis maker

Character Residence: Nomadic/His ger

Brief Backstory/Personality: Jebe, besides never having learned to speak along with the rest of his tribe, had a fairly normal childhood for most growing up on the Steppes. From a young age, he would help the hunters and warriors by learning to help craft the weapons and nets they used while they would teach him how to hunt and fight.  He learned both mounted archery and the use of a spear which served him well up until one Nhadaam which saw him lose his hand.

Without being able to hold a spear the same way he would begin his search into other forms of warfare and hunting, re: Magic and Aether.  He knows little, at this moment, in the way of magics save for a few small spells, however, he is searching for teachers. As of now, he does have a prosthetic that allows him to hold a bow, though not as accurately, and a normal prosthetic just serving as a placeholder to make himself look, at least, a bit more normal.

Personality wise, Jebe is a happy sort of guy and always enjoys meeting new people and listening to their stories as well as taking their words with at least a grain of salt rather than outright lies. A good fight to watch and a good drink is what he likes and anything spicy is sure to elicit only the best reactions.  Good luck, understanding him, however. Jebe is mostly neutral, choosing not to engage unless it personally affects him or those he knows.

Plot Hooks:

1)      Teacher: The man is on the lookout for those who are particularly skilled in both magic and are adept/open to having a student. Without the use of his hand, he feels useless and is seeking to change that. 

2)      Qalli: Are you a Qalli? Congratulations, Jebe is not a fan and if you’re looking for hate-ships, this one is for you. They took his hand and he enjoys narrowing his eyes and giving them nasty looks. Yeah, he still hasn’t let that one go.

3)      Entertainment: Jebe does venture out to most of the Companies that provide entertainment, finding a deep love for the arts. If you mention dancing, singing, painting or anything of the like, you’ll get a wide-eyed Qestir wanting to know when and where.

4)      Prosthetics: While Jebe refuses to take up the magitek prosthetics for his own reasons, he will absolutely enjoy having non-mechanical/non magitek prosthetics for specific purposes that may help with some general quality of life improvements.

5)      Literally anything else: This is more of a catch-all but I’m open to just about any rp that comes my way. Is your character curious? Do they wish to have a Qestir for their trustworthiness or to tell secrets to? Do they just wish to yap while having a silent person just staring wide-eyed and nodding because he hardly has any time to process the words coming out of their mouth? Do they want a hunting partner or to even learn from him whatever they can? I’m always open to new ideas, rp and the like.

Contact: You can find me on Jebe Qestir in game or through discord if you want. The latter is probably the easiest way to get a hold of me.

Discord: Bunny of Caerbannog#2940

ffxiv_02062018_115230.png

JebeSketchCommWM.png