Returning player looking to bring a friend

Quinn

So I used to play a few years ago and recently got back into the game. Been playing around on my old main, Emma Reed for a few days to warm back up to the game. Wishing I never left! Anyways, I talked my coworker into checking out the game and he likes to RP occasionally like myself. There is of course one issue, my home server, Balmung, seems to be locked constantly. I really wanted him on my server but we may have to branch out another server. I was looking into Mateus as I noticed it listed here as one of the servers in the community and was curious how strong the RP seems to be there. I figured with the upcoming changes to the data servers, it would be probably best if we make a character on the same as my main server in case there is any chance we can play together that way in the future.

Thank you for your time, and looking forward to meeting some of you in game. :)

Mateus is large and active! ...and also hopping on and off that congested list as well.

I would recommend having your friend make a character on an existing aether world that's planned to move to Crystal in the next 3 weeks, as there will be a period of free transfers after the move. During that time, it's possible SE might all servers (but more likely they won't open Balmung, and possibly other congested servers).

But the good thing is, between Cross-World features and the World Visit system coming after the moves, you will be able to visit other servers in your datacenter. (Although we're still waiting on some specifics like if congest servers will be open too). 

cGX9TKp.png

Thanks for the reply. We decided to go to Mateus early this morning after my friend downloaded the game and got his account set up last night. So far he is in love with this game and wishes he played it sooner. So far my experience on this server has been amazing. I see Roleplayers everywhere in just Limsa where we started and have met a couple friendly people already. I am glad I ended up being pushed to try a new server and I may just have found a new home. Now we are working on unlocking the ability to travel to other major cities and I can see what else is out there on Mateus. :)

PS keep an eye out for Celesta Dazkar, and her Miqo'te newb friend Lo'hert Tia.