Hey! An old veteran of FFXIV looking to possibly return.

How is everyone doing? Hopefully well! I was a veteran member of this forum and the game many years ago (three years +). I unfortunately left the game (and gaming in general) due to new careers IRL that kept me rather busy and away from home. I am possibly looking into returning but I have been told that Balmung is locked. I no longer have a Square Enix account (had to delete due to job security) so I will need to repurchase the game and expansions as well.

Does anyone have any idea if Balmung opens via a pattern of sorts, is it random or locked until further notice? Any info. would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Edited by Xydane

It's locked until they unlock it.  It was briefly unlocked at the start of Stormblood, but has been locked ever since.  With world visit coming up, though, you might be able to get along with a character on another server in Crystal, just porting it over when you want to play on Balmung.

That said, if you really just want to be on the server where all your RP is, I'd recommend Mateus if you're looking for a server with an activity level close to Balmung.  I'm not sure what the situation is on the other servers that will be in Crystal, but I've been playing on Mateus and it's definitely quite active.

Good luck!

Liadan has the right of it. I play on Balmung myself but Mateus always seems to have some really cool community RP poppin off from what I've seen :3

Welcome back, also!

Liadan (I think I remember you years ago!) and Thunder,

Thank you very much for the responses! It makes me happy that there is another server with the RP activity close to Balmung. FFXIV certainly has become popular for RP over the last few years! I am repurchasing the game and will remake Xydane on Mateus!

Seriously, I appreciate it! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back, Veteran!

I'm just returning after a fairly long break due to obligatory Adulting :) ... and am on Mateus too! We do have a great community of RPers here so hopefully you didn't find any troubles making your character and getting started! Happy to sync up to go find adventure, explore, or trouble if you're wanting some company. It's wonderful to see good people coming back - gives me great hope for the continued success and longevity of the game!

Anyhow feel free to say "Heya!" in game (Xandrie Embercraft) or PM me here ...hope you have an amazing day!