Remnant (Heavy RP) (Disbanded)

I just wanted to inform you all that Remnant is pulling out of FFXIV. Not necessarily all together, we will probably have an in game group of people who will be playing FFXIV... but we are now going to be focusing our resources to the release of the Old Republic, as it seems that is where most the interest lies.

I'll however still be participating in forum RP and maybe even get in game as well. It just depends on my financial situation come launch. 3 game subs running right now and its running me dry!

It began with prosperity. Or so the legend says.

There was once a day where the great realm of Ala Mihgo stood far above the City States in power and prosperity. Her streets bustled actively as her citizens moved about to their daily tasks. The streets were filled with many aromas. On the southern end, taverns and bakeries filled the air with the pleasant scent of fresh bread (which some would argue was the best in the land) and good ales. On the other end of the city, machine shops, alchemists, among other technological studies, experiments, and productions, filled the air with a smell that may not have been as pleasing as the other end of town. Far beyond the others was Ala Mihgo advanced in technological findings. Despite this, however, Ala Mihgo was a beautiful land, and her citizens a beautiful people. She was the jewel of Eorzea, a monumental figure among Civilization in this realm. It is truly unfortunate that such a great civilization which had faded and weathered away to nothing, through the events that had happened in the last decade, has been forgotten by the known world. Only her few remnants remain, nomads with wanderlust, with no where to go... no home to return to. Many know of this tale, as most have lived through it's time. And yet, the splendor that this "Jewel" once had, no longer resonates throughout this land. It has been said, "...to be forgotten, is worse than death."

But to better understand the beginning of a long enduring journey of a dying people, it is best to start at the end, so to speak. It has been ten years since the Behemoth Ships of Garlea had filled the sky over Ala Mihgo. The Knight Lancers prepared for battle, launching what battle-ready airships they had to meet the Garleans as they invaded their land, and for the next few days, one of the largest airship battles in history had taken place over the plains outside of Ala Mihgo. By its end the greatest city state in Eorzea had seen her defeat, as the Garleans hovered over the city. Their ships spat out dark fumes and ash. The sun was blocked from the sky, and Ala Mihgo had seen her longest night, before meeting her end. It had taken the Garleans a couple of very dark days and nights to overtake the City, as Ala Mihgo's forces had put up as much resistance as they could. They simply were no match for the advanced power of Garlea's military. The resistances eventually died, and most of those who remained were slaughtered, only a small count of those were left to the ruins of the city alive. The rest of the living had retreated from Ala Mihgo's passes, leading down towards the forests of Gridania.

It has been ten years since, and very seldom do I see a highlander of the fallen city. They for the most part, have become nothing other than scattered remnants, in search for self-discovery, in search for meaning, and a reason to keep going forward. For every one of them, their reasons are different. Most of this once great people, have fallen into darker paths, selling themselves and their weapons for the cause of other City States, or even great criminal syndicates. The rest can not be spoken for, but I'd like to believe that they tried to remain strong, and endure the many years to come as a civilized society as they once were known as.

One thing is clear however, and that is that the destiny of the Remnant is very unclear. Will they stand together? Will they remain divided? Will they live lives of purity, or will the hard times darken their hearts and their motives? Will they remain a good noble people? Or will their hearts fall into darkness? I wish I knew the answer, but only will we know as the threads of fate unfold before our very eyes. So the old saying comes to speak its truth once more: Time will tell.

-Malken Aldrinus VI, Scholar of Limsa Lominsa

For all of you who had taken interest in Remnant, I just want to sincerely apologize for this sudden decision. Most of the people who I've started this group with from LOTRO have decided that there interests will be in ToR... and hence we are now going to be focusing our resources to that game and universe. Thats not to say that we won't be in FFXIV... its just to say that we won't necessarily be pursuing active recruitment for a community we may not participate in full time. Thank you all again for the support... I will still be apart of the community and continue RP plots on the forums and maybe in game come launch.