2nd Annual Mystery Meet-Up [Crystal]

final_fantasy_xiv_concept.jpg

Welcome to the 2nd Annual Mystery Meet-Up!  

When :

May 31, 2019 : 2PM / 5PM / 8PM EDT  or  June 01, 2019 : 2PM / 5PM / 8PM EDT

Registration will end May 28th, 2019

Several years ago,  Ilwe’ran put together an event called the Blind Meeting.   For this event, you would submit a short questionnaire and get matched up with other role-players and branch out.  Making new contacts is sometimes hard for people, especially if they’re new to the server or very shy. This event will help bridge the gap some.

Happily to say, the person I was paired up with became a good friend and 4 years later, we still chat.  So you see, this kind of event does work!

What is this Mystery Meet-up ?

The Mystery Meet-up is a rendezvous without knowing beforehand who you are meeting. You will fill out the Mystery Meet-Up form and you will receive a date, a place, the initials of your RP partner(s) to meet them.  See, all mysterious. 

This is NOT some sort of speed dating service. You will meet only one person ( or you may end up in a small group no larger than 4 people)  and have as much time you want to RP together.

The focus of the meet-up is to meet new people. Romance could happen but there is no guarantee. Again, this is not a dating service. This is not a match-making event;  this is for you to branch out and expand your RP circle! On the questionnaire, if you indicate your character is open for romance, I will try to connect you with other people also open to romance.

Who can participate ?

Literally anyone on the Crystal Data Center who wants to meet new people.

Sign-ups will be taken for the first 60 people.  After 60, based on how many more there are, I will either start a waiting list or squeeze those few in. 

There are some things you should consider beforehand :

• - If you need a reason to be at this place at this time, you will have to think of it beforehand and discuss about it with your RP partner(s) at the meet- up.  It's your own responsibility to come well prepared . Please be flexible when coming up with your idea!  It could be as simple as sitting down on a bench to rest for a moment at that exact time and place.  The possibilities are endless!
  • - I ask you to be open minded, whether it’s about the place where you'll meet, your RP partner(s)' reason to be there, your RP partner(s)' demeanor, etc.
  • - This is open to the Crystal Data Center.  I will try to match people up from the same home-world unless you are open to traveling.  If a match consist of two from separate home-worlds, you will be told which home-world to meet on.

How to register:

Please use this form to enter.  -> The Mystery Meet-up

Participation:

This is open to the Crystal Data Center only.  

Questions?:

You may contact me here on discord @Rhen#5872 or at [email protected]  or the

Mystery Meet-Up Discord:    https://discord.gg/natsdKC

carinagardner_rave_borders_1.png

Crows are mysterious, aren't they?

Fine Print & Disclosures & Maybe Some Answers:

• - None of the information you will give in the form will ever be disclosed. Once the event is over, it will be destroyed.
  • - While I'm the one who will organize your meet-up, I'm not responsible for anything which can happen before, during or after the meet-up.   
  • - I ask you to be responsible and to contact me asap if you cannot go to your meet-up : Think of your RP partner who will wait for you for nothing if you don't say anything. If you need to cancel your participation, please contact me as soon as possible so I can find another match for your partner.  
  • - Please be there on time. If you are going to be late - Contact me!
  • - You could be end up in a group to meet more than one person.  If I have 4 people signed up but only 3 want friendship and the other one wants an enemy,  the 3 may end up in a group together.
  • - Once you receive your meet-up information ; if you need to make a change - contact me immediately.
  • - I will not send out personal reminders. Please mark your calendars to remind yourself.  I will post reminders to the Meet-up’s Discord server, my Tumblr and here on the RPC.
  • -  Just because you provided your character’s favorite place, does not mean your meet-up will take place there.  I will try to match up those closely similar.
  • - I am only providing you with the initials because this is a Mystery Meet-up! Also, this helps to prevent any prejudices started prior to the meeting and/or in case, your meet-up partner doesn’t show.

A big thank you to Ilwe’ran for his blessings to host this event again.

Edited by Dweek
fixing discord
  • 2 weeks later...

I was able to join up last second and I was not disappointed! My experience was amazing, and it was my first time RPing in FF14. Thank you so much for putting this all together Miyuki!