[2 August 2019] Regarding the IPS4 Dark theme

Good morning/day to most!

Some recent forum maintenance/updates have finally broken the rigged IPS4 Dark theme on our backend. I'd like to take this time to properly suggest moving over to a newer dark theme that is supported, named Carbon. This theme is quite a bit more stylized than the mostly stock IPS layout, and we will be continuing to support the default light theme, which resembles the older MyBB-based RPC.

To change the site theme, scroll to the bottom of the page and select it from the themes selector. Some minor changes to the navigation bar will likely follow as I work to optimize what displays where to make everything easy to access. If you don't see a category, it will be in the "More" block, similar to the main theme.

image.png

As an aside, I've confirmed an issue regarding wiki logins.

Our regular OAuth-based plugin is currently not working due to a bug in IPS 4.4.5's OAuth server. I've logged a support ticket and they are working on a fix which should be included in the next forum update. (Hopefully soon!)

In the meantime, I've enabled our legacy login bridge based on a MediaWiki plugin that can authenticate users with forum credentials. The normal "login" link will load this page. ( https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin ) However, this plugin isn't update for our version of MediaWiki and cannot autocreate a user. If you haven't logged into the wiki previously, or if you've changed your username, I'll need to manually update your wiki user profile or create an account as a stop-gap. 

image.png

If you have any difficulty getting logging in to the wiki, please make a thread over in Requests and Feedback and I can assist!