New to Forum and RP

Rosalind

Hiya! I'm Rosalind and I'm new to the RPing scene with FFXIV. I've RP'd before with writing-style roleplays but I've never tried in a game setting. I really want to, though, and I'm hoping I can be pointed in the right direction of where to start. I have an idea of what I'm interested in, I think, but I also don't know much about the current RP-verse in game. Thanks for having here here!

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! :D First step is finding some people to RP with, so I recommend looking for some contacts and maybe an RP FC or Discord, as well as checking out some of the RP events on the calendar! 

21 minutes ago, Faye said:

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! :D First step is finding some people to RP with, so I recommend looking for some contacts and maybe an RP FC or Discord, as well as checking out some of the RP events on the calendar! 

Thanks so much! :D I found a discord for my server, so I've joined there. I'm very nervous but also incredibly excited. 

Welcome to the RPC Rosalind. I'm very new to FFXIV as well. Learning the Lore. I have yet to actually get into the active RP scene, but will be shortly. Perhaps in time we will meet IC. Until then "may you walk in the light of the crystal." =D And Faye, thank you for that tip!

Greetings Rosalind! :)  I'm in the same boat for the most part, I'm trying to learn about the lore and setting and I'd also like to finish the main quests before I really get started RPing to avoid spoilers. 

I've been watching some lore videos on YouTube and I'll even listen to them while I level sometimes. If you like listening to audio books or podcasts while you travel, game, do chores, etc., FFXIV lore videos could be used in the same way. 

If you've honest to goodness fallen in love with FFXIV and you like collecting lore books Square has produced two volumes for FFXIV. The first volume is out of stock at the moment but hopefully they'll put it into print again soon.