RP Resume

Aaay, I just started playing like...three weeks ago? Really enjoying the game so far. Lots to do and see. It's been a while since I sat down to an MMORPG like this one. Obligatory intro info!

- MMORPG background: Champions, SWTOR, very brief GW2 and WoW, ESO, Warframe, and now I'm here

- RP experience: 13 years give or take

- Character ideas/info: Main so far is a Hyur archer named Hyra Redruin who does a bit of bounty hunting/odd job-ing

- How did you learn about the coalition? : Stumbled on the community while searching for monster info

- What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy): Any kind, really. I just wanna get back in the swing of it

- Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.): Uuuuh I work in a lab!

I know next to nothing about the game's lore but I'm looking forward to learning more about it!

Edited by GoGoGlasses
3 hours ago, GoGoGlasses said:

Aaay, I just started playing like...three weeks ago? Really enjoying the game so far. Lots to do and see. It's been a while since I sat down to an MMORPG like this one. Obligatory intro info!

- MMORPG background: Champions, SWTOR, very brief GW2 and WoW, ESO, Warframe, and now I'm here

- RP experience: 13 years give or take

- Character ideas/info: Main so far is a Hyur archer named Hyra Redruin who does a bit of bounty hunting/odd job-ing

- How did you learn about the coalition? : Stumbled on the community while searching for monster info

- What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy): Any kind, really. I just wanna get back in the swing of it

- Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.): Uuuuh I work in a lab!

I know next to nothing about the game's lore but I'm looking forward to learning more about it!

Welcome to the RPC. I'm new to FFXIV as well, and it's sucked me in. Lol. I'm a WoW vet myself. I just fell in love with the atmosphere, community and game-play overall. The RPC is a great place to get to know Rpers from all realms. It's a diverse universe here. I don't know too much just yet, but what I do know I would gladly share if you need tips, or help in-game. My main is Le'daren Draech, and I'm on Metaus. I see you are on Marlboro. If you hadn't had the experience going to another world realm, just go to the Aetheryte Square in a main city-state and choose the teleport to another world/realm option. It will take you straight there! :)

Well, hope you enjoy FFXIV, and again Welcome to the RPC!

Welcome to the RPC, GoGoGlasses! It’s great to see FFXIV pull in another great RPer!

The community is very, very kind. I’m sure you could find some folks on here to meet up with and get into your RP groove. The game looks absolutely gorgeous, and so do we!

Have you bumped into any RP while out and about these past few weeks or have you just been sucked into the story and getting through that?

1 hour ago, Kirakira said:

Welcome to the RPC, GoGoGlasses! It’s great to see FFXIV pull in another great RPer!

The community is very, very kind. I’m sure you could find some folks on here to meet up with and get into your RP groove. The game looks absolutely gorgeous, and so do we!

Have you bumped into any RP while out and about these past few weeks or have you just been sucked into the story and getting through that?

A friend introduced me to someone who wanted to RP with me and it was so nice to get a good in-game RP for the first time in what felt like aged. I've been more in the story though! Sticking to the main story instead of deviating for all the little missions has really helped.

On 8/17/2019 at 12:37 AM, Pali said:

Welcome to the RPC. I'm new to FFXIV as well, and it's sucked me in. Lol. I'm a WoW vet myself. I just fell in love with the atmosphere, community and game-play overall. The RPC is a great place to get to know Rpers from all realms. It's a diverse universe here. I don't know too much just yet, but what I do know I would gladly share if you need tips, or help in-game. My main is Le'daren Draech, and I'm on Metaus. I see you are on Marlboro. If you hadn't had the experience going to another world realm, just go to the Aetheryte Square in a main city-state and choose the teleport to another world/realm option. It will take you straight there! :)

Well, hope you enjoy FFXIV, and again Welcome to the RPC!

Thank you!!!! 😄

2 minutes ago, GoGoGlasses said:

good in-game RP for the first time in what felt like aged

Right?! I love it. It's so refreshing. I can't speak for those other games (I don't even know what some are!), but there are good RPs that can be had in WoW, sure.. but I feel like there are a ton more that can even be had here.

4 minutes ago, GoGoGlasses said:

I've been more in the story though!

You have a stronger will than me, lol. I kept breaking away from it to talk/party and build some relationships xD

6 minutes ago, GoGoGlasses said:

Sticking to the main story instead of deviating for all the little missions has really helped

The side stuff can get you some neat gear, so those are the ones that I went after. I did save the post 70 side stuff (most of it, anyway) for another job.. but I'm not sure what I want to bring up after AST 😞

Welcome to the RP community GoGoGlasses! o/  I wish you all the best as you explore the wonderful world of FFXIV and play through the story.

One of my characters assisted in her parents' lab growing up and has been attending alchemy classes, so I apologize ahead of time if my portrayal of proper terms and procedures makes you spit out your drink from laughter. ^ ^ 

On 8/19/2019 at 10:53 PM, Moon Type said:

Welcome to the RP community GoGoGlasses! o/  I wish you all the best as you explore the wonderful world of FFXIV and play through the story.

One of my characters assisted in her parents' lab growing up and has been attending alchemy classes, so I apologize ahead of time if my portrayal of proper terms and procedures makes you spit out your drink from laughter. ^ ^ 

All is fair in fantasy science! The fact that you're RPing a scientist is so great!!!