Long-Time RPer, New to MMO RP/FFXIV

Thestias

Hey there! So excited to have found this website and all of you helpful people on it

MMORPG background

So, I've actually not played many MMOs...like, at all; I typically don't like to play games with other people, as I'm not very good at them and have had a lot of poor experiences. But, I played this one for a little while about four years back, and recently picked it up again to play with my fiance while he's in tech school for the Air Force. I also dabbled in WoW in high school, on my stepmother's account; I was absolutely terrible at it, and wasn't a fan in general--which was probably why, come to think of it, lol. There was a short period of time where I played DDO, but it didn't pull me in at all like FFXIV has

RP experience

I've been roleplaying in various capacities for half my life, at this point; Dungeons and Dragons, in-person, is probably where most of it comes from. I did Gaia Online for a few years, and a few other forum-based roleplays, not to mention the private rp I do with friends and people I meet on Discord. I just like to create characters and worlds and see what happens when they get tossed together

Character ideas/info

Well, as someone literally brand-new to the game, and franchise as a hole if I'm being totally honest, I only have the one character--Giselle Marinnoux--whom I've been working on fleshing out with a friend of mine. She's an Elezen gladiator, will eventually go to black knight when I can get the complete edition of the game, and I have some basic background on her; I'm really hoping that, with more experience with the game, I can get a solid amount of character lore and connections for her. She started out as thaumaturge, but my friends needed a tank and I really, really like tanking so I volunteered

How did you learn about the coalition?

Google! Since I'm just getting into the game, really, I was searching around for some updated player guides, and I've seen mentions of the RPC mentioned on Reddit, so when I saw the link I just couldn't resist

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)

In-game? Honestly, I really couldn't tell you; none of my experience lines up with this and I'm genuinely unsure how it's supposed to go. I like to write, a lot, and will eventually write fanfiction for this character; I consider myself a heavy literate roleplayer in forums and in private, but I'm not sure how that translates here

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.)

Well, I play a lot of D&D; I've got three nights a week dedicated to it, and I'd have more if I had more friends in my area who played, lol. I do karaoke on the weekends sometimes, when I'm not feeling lazy or too wrapped up in FFXIV or The Sims. Most of my hobbies revolve around fanfiction, roleplay, and my three cats; I'm not a very exciting person