Balmungian Newbie

Haru Vaelar

Since I am extremely lazy, I think I'll just use the template provided. :D

I've been playing MMORPGs since roughly the advent of Runescape. After that I stuck with Guild Wars for a long time until I discovered WoW during The Burning Crusade after trying out the original game for a while. I've dabbled in ToR and GW2 but ultimately, this is the MMORPG that I have put more hours into aside from WoW and it seems to value my time, so I'll be sticking with it for a long while. 

I have role-played extensively over the years in numerous fantasy backgrounds. I've had more characters than my years on this planet combined. I've done more than just fantasy role-play and I've role-played on/with tons of different mediums, even engaging in LARP, table-top RP and very text heavy novella RP (though I really don't have the stomach or free time for that anymore). These days, I'm more interested in organic, flowing and completely natural role-play that's primarily character driven as opposed to doing a lot of micro-managing/metagaming/etc.

I'm very keen on world and character building, and I'm always willing to collaborate with people of varying experience. My only standard is a standard that ensures everyone is having a good time. :P

At the moment I'm playing as a mercenary/sell-sword who travels around and works for a company in Hingashi, out of an office where I'll be playing most of my concepts from. Originally, he's a war orphan and he has a lot of angst concerning his upbringing but hey, gotta keep working towards that long term revenge plot. :D Aside from the character I'll be primarily playing, I'm working on concepts for a deposed Ishgardian temple knight turned DRK, a hard working down on her luck lalafel and a loony mystical primal worshipping au ra. Fairly simple premises, but I always prefer to start off with simple ideas and see where they lead. 

I learned about this forum via google when I was looking for a means to create one of those 'character card' things you see floating around. Unfortunately, I'm having very poor luck figuring out how those work. 😧

In regards to 'light, medium, heavy', I generally find these terms to be limiting to the scope of role-play and extremely subjective. Is it on a basis of grammar/spelling ethic? Respect for an ongoing narrative? The amount of time you spend role-playing? Obviously, there are a lot of factors. The best way that I can handle this question is just to say that I prefer role-play to meet the standard of the setting it's occurring in. I enjoy immersion and I don't like that being broken.

In terms of 'text quality/quantity', etc, I find that some people still believe that quantity > quality but over the years, I've learned to refine my descriptions out of respect for those I'm playing with. I put as much time as I feel into role-play and I take my character's consistency pretty seriously. I do a lot of story planning, plotting, etcetera but I don't write a lot of short stories, primarily because I prefer role-playing. 

Tl;dr - I'll match whoever I'm playing with if it's enjoyable so long as I don't have to sabotage my character in the process. 

I'm currently unemployed and I'm attending catch up education sessions for adults. I volunteer for mental health services and I'm a pretty physically active person. 

That's about it for now! If you see me wandering around with the RP tag up, poke me! I'm pretty shy. :D 

Edited by Haru Vaelar

Hey, feel free to add me on discord Nova#8287. I think our characters would mesh pretty well. Maybe we can get something going. If nothing else I can show you how to make a character carrd.