[split] Pretty characters in a harsh world.

Ryanti

Yeah I didn't mean we all had to be wary of every posters issues, just stating that Rhostel brought up something that I hadn't thought about :)

On your point near the end:

That's why I decided to have Loki be darker skinned. When I originally rolled her in 1.0, she had fair skin. Being she comes from a pirate background and is always out in the sun, I didn't think this would be very realistic, so on my re-rolling of her look I darkened her skin a little bit. Then I did it a little more because it looked so nice. So Loki now is a naturally olive skinned girl with a deep tan from always being out in the sun, due to her being a pirate back in 1.0 (In 2.0 when she comes out of the void that will no longer be the case, but that's another story)

The one thing that Loki has that I just can't show in game is the fact she has a fake leg. It's just from the knee down (In order to still allow for good motor function) but it's just absolutely impossible to show. Shame but, you know, understandable. They certainly aren't going to code in the ability to do that for my one weird thing.

Shuck, you (not specifically) were asked to "modify your behavior". Slamming on people, acting like they're mentally incapable, calling their comments "crazy" and labeling people as passive aggressive for sparing your name from a valid point... 

It is true that you agitated this, and you continue to do so. Though it was smart to act like you were ready to move onto a friendly discussion. 

I only stepped in because of the harshly worded post you directed at Ryanti, I wanted to make sure they didn't get chased out of the community for (rightly) getting defensive in here. There was an attack, it was defended, you attacked that defense, and attacked it and attacked it, and then someone defended the defense, and you attacked it and attacked it some more... It's pretty clear by now, who in here is being aggressive, crude and careless, and who's trying to set things straight and spare feelings... The best thing that could happen at this point is this thread being locked, and a new thread being made, where people are respectful of differences... Where the thread title is indicating a positive discussion, and where that positive discussion doesn't take any opportunities to knock down other people's play-styles or preferences, because that stuff doesn't belong in ANY community.

Shuck, you were asked to "modify your behavior". Slamming on people, acting like they're mentally incapable, calling their comments "crazy" and labeling people as passive aggressive for sparing your name from a valid point... 

It is true that you agitated this, and you continue to do so. Though it was smart to act like you were ready to move onto a friendly discussion. 

I only stepped in because of the harshly worded post you directed at Ryanti, I wanted to make sure they didn't get chased out of the community for (rightly) getting defensive in here. There was an attack, it was defended, you attacked that defense, and attacked it and attacked it, and then someone defended the defense, and you attacked it and attacked it some more... It's pretty clear by now, who in here is being aggressive, crude and careless, and who's trying to set things straight and spare feelings... The best thing that could happen at this point is this thread being locked, and a new thread being made, where people are respectful of differences... Where the thread title is indicating a positive discussion, and where that positive discussion doesn't take any opportunities to knock down other people's play-styles or preferences, because that stuff doesn't belong in ANY community.

I'm sorry, you're totally certain that it was me? And...you're really, really going to pursue this (even going so far as to insist that there was an attack. Which, again, no there wasn't. You can chant that there was, but you haven't defended that point) even after your entire argument was just kind of splayed open?

Buddy, if you can't erect a counter-point, don't resort to personal attacks. You don't have to like me. But you don't get to do this.

(Nice edit, though! I'm eagerly awaiting your actual counter-point.)

And that line about remorse was directed at the one person who agitated this whole matter into a drama fest. That person is not you.

Don't be passive-aggressive. It helps nothing and nobody anywhere, or at anytime.

Just following the letter of the rules while smoothing over a misconception that needed to be. It's not really passive-aggressive when it's totally unambiguous what I meant.

Good news, though, no remorse needed! Talked to Ryanti, he's just bewildered and frustrated at how misinterpreted he was.

@Uther - A small, manageable eruption now, while it's still fresh enough to be healed properly and not leave a scar. No one involved is so unreasonable as to be unable to comprehend the miscommunication going on here. Just takes some perspective and a little swallowed pride.

Unfortunately, any chance of constructive discussion seems to have been lost, and this discussion has gotten out of hand. For this reason, I will be locking this thread, and I hope that everyone here will have a chance to cool down and gather their thoughts before deciding to hold grudges.