[Tonberry] Oh no! It's Me

Elendil

Hello there, online I prefer to be called Elendil. However, my IGN name is Urusla Callistis. I'm from Tonberry.

MMORPG Background

I haven't played many MMORPGS. Though I've invested heavily into FFXIV, I've only seriously played one other which was "Dungeon Fighters Online". I might know next to nothing about other games, but I hope I can still enjoy doing things in the game I enjoy the most.

Role-play Experience

I've been Role-playing on image-boards since early 2015. How it was done is the people in the community would pick a character they like from a series, collect images and make a folder of them, which then they would post with text alongside the image. This requires one to be familiar with a character. When it comes to OCs I'm a little less familiar, but it's obvious to me that I will be getting familiar with that form of RP through FFXIV. I've had some positive things being said about the way I do sessions. Still, I hope to improve with each word I post.

Character

My character in-game is based of Ursula from the Little Witch Academia series. I haven't thought out the specifics just yet, and I'm not sure yet how I would begin. I'm pretty sure about the loose details, given the background my character already has. I hope that's fine. I'm simply a teacher of magic, educating and guiding the young. Astronomy would be my main subject, so I suppose I would be an Astrologian main 😌. I've not been paying too much attention to the lore unfortunately, so I hope this will help me become familiar with that as well. It may be an obstacle for me, but I'm in your care.

How I Learned About The Coalition

I've always enjoyed role-playing, and occasionally hearing about FFXIV from my friends fortunate enough to be in a world with plenty of RPers, I kind of wanted to try it myself on this platform. I'm on Tonberry, because that's the World best suited for my location. It's rare I even strike up a chat with the occasional random person in the wilderness, let alone be lucky enough to meet an English speaker who would reply. Given my introversion, I expect people to tell me "What are you talking about, there's plenty of people out there you can interact with!". And sure, I can find and talk to people all I want, but there's never a lasting connection. In the end I'm back to spending my playtime without sharing a word with anyone else. What a lonely existence.

In my RP community outside FFXIV, no matter how many things we had in common or not, RP always unified us, and some of my closest online friends that I've known for years were met through this activity. I want to try making this sort of connection with the people in the game as well. That's when I decided to seek them out myself, it's 2020. I have technology. Why not? That decision has brought me here.

The Kind of Roleplayer I Am

Most likely Light to Medium. Though you never know how deep I'll fall into this.

Things I'll Share

Most things that aren't too private, to people I can trust with the information, of course.

8 hours ago, Lightsnowe said:

HAY. Rp with me!

It might appear on the surface that Tonberry has a lack of immediately visible roleplayers. I'm glad to find another person this soon. If there are others, I'd like to meet them, and if there aren't I wonder if something can be started.

My Discord Tag is Elendil#5220, feel free to add me and we can talk.

1 hour ago, Moon Type said:

Welcome to the FFXIV RP community, @Elendil ! :D...

Thank you, I'll hope I can make the most if it.

On 2/9/2020 at 1:37 AM, Elendil said:

It might appear on the surface that Tonberry has a lack of immediately visible roleplayers. I'm glad to find another person this soon. If there are others, I'd like to meet them, and if there aren't I wonder if something can be started.

My Discord Tag is Elendil#5220, feel free to add me and we can talk.

To my great satisfaction Jenova is just lousy with RP. You can't throw a stick without twelve folks waxing poetic about the clamor it makes rebounding off the street or a fistfight breaking out over who is permitted to approach it first. I always assumed the other servers were similarly populated, maybe ya'll just need more sticks!

For my part my time in-game is somewhat limited so I remain very goal-oriented. You know, dailies to run and tomes to gather, and minutes spent admiring the floor of the Eden fights, that sort of thing. For my part I get all my RP in on forums and the like, or through Docs. I've had discord proposed to me as an alternative but I've respectfully declined.

SO if you'd like to get something started, toss me an intro either privately or on the forum and I'll have a steady barely legible stream of responses for you as soon as feasible.

And welcome.